Rupestrian art

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Elf_8, Sep 6, 2005.

1. This is the most photogenic ramshakle post-industrial ruin I have ever seen. From day break till dawn, a full day could be spent around it (and inside if the local dreaded fauna will let me in.. and out).
    [​IMG]
    Nikon COOLPIX8800
    2005/08/27 15:26:59
    JPEG (8-bit) Normal
    Image Size: 3264 x 2448
    Color
    Converter Lens: None
    Focal Length: 40mm
    Exposure Mode: Programmed Auto
    Metering Mode: Center-Weighted
    1/235.6 sec - F/6.9
    Exposure Comp.: 0 EV
    Sensitivity: Auto
    White Balance: Auto
    AF Mode: AF-S
    Tone Comp.: Contrast (-)
    Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached
    Digital Zoom Ratio: 1.00
    Saturation comp: +1
    Sharpening: Normal
    Noise Reduction: Off

2. What a great contrast of color, did you took that in Pointe St-Charles?

3. Someone had a sense of humor when they painted this structure. Do like the bright color amidst the rust and decay.

4. Gordon, I think you are right. Somehow, the squatters are making a real statement with this old structure. It is mesmerizing and seems to attract all types of poeple.

5. marek

marek Guest

Have a photo of a squat in Paris that was across the street from a hotel I was staying in (back street near the city centre). Same thing happened to the building, despite lack of ownership and general derelict state of the building the tenants had made at least parts of it look homely. Something in human nature I guess.

6. Would you like to share it here ?

7. I miss one part of your photo. I would have thought you would be breakdancing on top off that roof. But very nice photoset for a model shoot you have captured there. Great photo and great contrasting colors.

8. :cool:

Yes, that's a good suggestion. I can imagine that type of staging right there.
    Maybe I should go back - night time, stormy day. It has a lot of potential.
    [​IMG]

9. marek

marek Guest

Once I get a minute to upload it somewhere - sure. Not that good a shot, just interesting.

10. Christian, I really like these pictures. Since I live in a small town, we don't get to see too much "artwork" just profanity. Good job!