Rural Landscape

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mike Z, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    I'm a city guy but spent the weekend in Walworth County, WI, which is just North of Chicago. I don't even know what the crop is but the colors really captured me.

Any comments or help would be appreciated.

Mike

2. This is a well photographed pastoral scene. Love the lighting. Kind of brings out the farm boy in me.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's a very nice image, Mike. The framing using the trees is nicely done and the heavy shadows in the foreground does much to bring your eyes to the crops and barn in the background. I like it alot.

4. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Gordon,
    Thanks a lot. My wife's family has a summer cottage in the area and we visit every Labor Day weekend, particularly for the county fair. For years, I've taken pictures of farm scenes in the area, without any great success. This is one that I'm reasonably happy with.
    Mike

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very very nice. Wish I was there. Sitting under the tree.

6. Nice....I like the colors too...also like the trees and dark foreground :smile:

7. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Gale and Mike,
    Thanks to you both for sharing your thoughts on the photo and for the kind words.
    Mike

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice. I love the yellow pasture. The trees framing the shot is a nice touch.

9. The trees in the front and the farm at the other end and that colorful land in between, what a beautifull contrasty view.

10. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Leigh and Gilles,
    Thanks for your kind words. I think the trees and the framing make the shot.
    Mike