Russell Brown's "Place-a matic" Action Script for Image Blending

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Nov 15, 2005.

1. I'm on a new kick trying Russell Brown's Services, in particular his "Place-a-matic" action scripts for PSCS2. Starting with Adobe Bridge you select images you want to blend. You can use two different exposures of the same image or two different images. The action script automatically loads your RAW images into PSCS2 and makes smart objects of the images, each in it's own layer. Then you can adjust the opacity, curve and blending adjustment to create different effects and blend your images. You can also double click on the smart object and it will take you back to the Camera RAW window where you can make further adjustments in the the RAW file and return to your processing. You can even sharpen you image when in the RAW format.

Here are samples I tried with this technique today:

Blended Buck

Pattterns on the Fence

Hanging out with the guys after school...and how about a cigar?

Please let me know what you think!

Thanks,
    Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. If you'd like to download this script and try it yourself, here is the link: http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html.:smile: You'll also find a tutorial which will further explain what I have described above.

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Awesome

Hi Virginia

Now that looks superb.

Soon as I am home tonight must look it up.

Thanks for sharing

All the best

Ray

ps - please expect an e mail if I get stuck!!!!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic Virginia :>)))))

russell Brownn is unbelivable.

4. Niiiiice...:smile: I have seen that one but have not tried it out yet :frown:

5. RAW File editing

Thanks, Ray, Gale and Mike. One thing I really like about this script is the ability to go back and re-edit your RAW file and then use the revised version in your PS file.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera