Rustic Wedding site

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by drueter, Aug 7, 2005.

1. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Went to my neice's wedding last weekend on a farm north of Pittsburgh. The location is an old barn that once was part of a working farm but is now the reception hall for weddings and other events. The only "modernization" the owners have done is adding a porch on one side. Other than that, it appears to be the old barn. My wife ruined a pair of shoes because the heels kept getting stuck between the 2X8 floor boards that had 1/4 to 1/2 inch gaps between them.

Anyway, the outdoor ceremony was beautiful but the photographer struggled with very harsh lighting conditions. Here are a few of the shots I took before the ceremony. All taken with D2H and Nikor 12-24.

The geese were practicing for the ceremony! Notice the back light situation the photographer faced - a 5PM wedding with the light directly behind the bridal party and no where to stand in front of them. He sure could have used Sandi's kayak!

The photographer moved everyone to the shade of these trees for the wedding photos.

And here's the barn for the reception

2. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    I love your last image. Great color, especially for the time of day.