Rustic Wedding site

Went to my neice's wedding last weekend on a farm north of Pittsburgh. The location is an old barn that once was part of a working farm but is now the reception hall for weddings and other events. The only "modernization" the owners have done is adding a porch on one side. Other than that, it appears to be the old barn. My wife ruined a pair of shoes because the heels kept getting stuck between the 2X8 floor boards that had 1/4 to 1/2 inch gaps between them.

Anyway, the outdoor ceremony was beautiful but the photographer struggled with very harsh lighting conditions. Here are a few of the shots I took before the ceremony. All taken with D2H and Nikor 12-24.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 13354

The geese were practicing for the ceremony! Notice the back light situation the photographer faced - a 5PM wedding with the light directly behind the bridal party and no where to stand in front of them. He sure could have used Sandi's kayak!
View attachment 13355

The photographer moved everyone to the shade of these trees for the wedding photos.
View attachment 13356

And here's the barn for the reception
View attachment 13357

View attachment 13358

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom