"Rusty" lys...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JPS, May 25, 2005.

1. ...this guy just opened this morning !

Fuji S2 with Tamron SP90 - 1:125 @ f/22 - ISO 100 - RAW

Lighting set-up: onboard flash (with power reduced to the minimum) triggering a wireless SB-80DX 2 feet above the flower, and another SB-80DX 5 feet away (same level and left of the camera).

original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jean-Pierre,

You have the most beautiful flowers, and you capture their images very well.

3. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Awesome capture...beautiful color and sharpness. I love the stark contrast with the black background.

Only criticism...maybe a diffuser or more bounced light to eliminate a little of the "wet look" reflections.

C

4. Hi Cory ! You're right ! After a second look, i guess it's perhaps more a problem of slightly over-sharpening and contrasting the pic than of lighting... I tried to re-process it with far less USM and S&H !
    Would that be better for you ?

original.

5. errrrr........ why do i get a RED X on my last pic ? I'm sure i wrote the URL correctly, so... what happened :( ?

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    JPS,

Beautiful Iris.

Reminds me of Granpa's garden... Oh so many years ago...

I like the first one. Looks fine on my screen :>)))

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    JPS

I get red X's all the time. Hit the refresh. That usually works. Or right click and copy url put in address bar and go
    that will bring it up.. Then the back button to forum..

Then it usually shows up in forum also...

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    J-P,

I see it fine, and it does look a little better (not that the first version was that bad....;-)).

9. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Jean-Pierre,

Yes, I like it much better...lost a little color "punch", but is it actually closer to the real flower in the second shot?

I appreciate the repost.

C

10. Beautiful Iris! Great lighting.
    Reminds me of Armenia, where they have the most beautiful wild growing Iris species (Iris elegantissima).