rusty

my 1st game back was very difficult. Shooting football with a long prime is not so bad because you can stay in front of the offense and pretty much control where you are in regards to the action. Soccer, no way, it's in your face and then gone and it's very difficult to anticipate and try to fill the frame. But I realized I still love it and never should have retired. I shot 2 top notch NC soccer powers but I shot their JV game because it started at 4:30pm and because it's a lot slower and I needed slower. The D5 and 400e were laughing at me with all the light. I had to shoot 1/4000 to maintain iso100 at f/2.8, gotta love the Sun Belt.

Tonight I am shooting 2 fb powers at 7pm in a new stadium for a gradual increase in difficulty.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
Yeah this game tests the reflexes more than some others, don't blame you for starting off again in the lower grades. No problems showing here though!

Outstanding...

Randy, its been a very long time buddy. nice shots. I'm retired now as well and only shoot HS sports for our local paper and our school district. Keeps me busy.
good to see you again

Heres a few, in the sun, from Saturdays opener.

Jim

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom