1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ryan lost his first tooth!!!

Discussion in 'People' started by Leigh, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Ryan lost his first tooth tonight! This is just a snapshot of his big grin afterward.

His first thought, upon seeing this shot was "Wow, Mom, I look so grown up with my tooth gone." Yes, I suppose he is looking grown up...and to think in just a week he'll be 6 years old!

342168391_YW6D6-L.

2. great shote, leigh
    let us know how he makes out with the TOOTH FAIRY... please

3. Oh, my gosh! LOOK at that! Yep, before you know it he'll be a teenager and going through teen angst..... LOL!!

This is a big milestone here!

4. He looks much older than 6. Time goes so fast

5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    What's the going rate these days? When I was a kid, it was about $1/tooth...maybe $3 for a molar. (Am I telling my age?:eek: )

Yep...I know. I'm just not ready for that yet!

You aren't kidding. Seems like just the other day he was a baby.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Ha Ha....wow, Ryan is really growing up. He has such a wonderful smile, even with a tooth missing.

7. I have always been the official tooth puller in my family. I even have grandkids wanting me to pull their tooth. Ryan is looking good and he does look grown up. Wait till the top ones start dropping.

8. LOL! Cute grin!

9. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005

Leigh :

Heh. Well, quarters were considered a decent reward when I was a kid... :wink:

John P.

10. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    Wow, that's great! Tell Ryan congratulations! That's a big milestone!

Isaac, who just turned 6 on July 23, has lost two teeth since school has been out. The same tooth that Ryan just lost was Isaac's second. The other front bottom tooth was his first. Isaac has gotten $5 for each of his. I also have pictures and a video of Isaac dancing around after the first one and singing, "I just got my tooth pulled!"

Funny story: I made the mistake with the first one of saying something about wanting the tooth fairy to leave the tooth so that I could keep it. I had to back crawl out of that one by saying something like, well the tooth fairy will do that if she thinks that your mother wants to keep your teeth for keepsakes. Luckily he believed it. Then, I almost messed up again because I took the tooth from under his pillow and put it in my room that night. When he got up, he wondered why the tooth fairy didn't leave his tooth! I told him that she had dropped it off in my room for me...he believed that one too! Luckily, with the second one he didn't notice that I left it under his pillow so that he could bring it to me the next morning.

Sorry to ramble on, but one other neat thing about Isaac's teeth. He has lost both of them at my grandparents house (we have visited them with my mother every Tuesday this summer), and my mother has had the honors of pulling them both for him.

He just told me Sunday that he thought he had another one that is getting loose. I can't tell you the number of times that he has said that he wishes that people didn't have to pull their teeth. He is especially dreading those molars. Poor kid, he worries so much about things that he can't control!

11. Hi Leigh,
    Great to hear from you about this great news. Good to see Ryan. I had been to India for about three weeks and came back along with the family a week back.

12. $5.00???? FIVE DOLLARS???? Wow!!! That's a LOT!!!

(Yeah, my age is showing here, as a quarter --25 cents -- was my surprise under my pillow when I lost important teeth lo these many, many moons ago!)

13. I'm with John and Connie...it was a quarter for me too. Maybe were the ones showing our age!

That's such a fun time for the kids. Tell Ryan congrats on passing a milestone.

14. Hi Leigh,

$10 for a that one and $20 for a molar. Patrick could offer an IOU for when he turns say 10 years old. :biggrin: Nice photograph!

Regards,

15. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    Connie, I think some of his friends had already told him that they got $5 for theirs. I am pretty sure that he would have questioned why their teeth were worth more than his. I didn't mind giving him that much, because he has been saving his money for almost a year and it's fun to see his eyes light up when he counts how much he has.

Sorry to get off topic, Leigh.

Back to Ryan's tooth...so how much is he getting?

16. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Ryan told me the going rate was a new car!!

17. racerx1

racerx1

Jan 13, 2006
    northern NJ
    Well, this post is timely. My son is 9 and so his last few baby teeth are starting to go, but infrequently. On Tues night at 9:30, his tooth comes out and he puts it under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy.

Now last time he lost a tooth, we left a small Lego Star Wars kit since that was what he wished for. Well, that set up an expectation and he was hoping for the same this time. Unfortunately, it was too late to get to a store so we left $5.

The next morning he comes to our bathroom as my wife and I are getting ready for work with a "boo-boo" face on and asks for his tooth back!! Apparently he woke up in the night and the tooth was still there. My wife didn't know what to say at first, so I scrambled and told him that Mom & Dad some times have to help the Tooth Fairy. Since his tooth came out so late at night, I told him that he might have not made the list that day or that he was at the end of the list and she was very busy. Plus our last name starts with the letter "Z" so we would be at the tail end of any list. He accepted that with some tears and we gave him his tooth back.

We got him another little Lego SW kit that day and the next morning he was happy as a clam at 5:30am (my wakeup time) as he started putting it together.

As I think about it, this might be a pivotal year for Santa and the Tooth Fairy....gosh, they grow up fast.

18. Great shot!!! Has he figured out that the space is a perfect fit for a drinking straw?

19. LOL!

Well wait till I tell Grandma Carolyn. :tongue: I think a buck is enough; it's only whimsey and soon he'll get caught up with what money can do. No need to rush it.

20. Me too!! :biggrin:

Leigh, he really does look far wiser than his years!! Congrats on this milestone. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.