1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ryan's first day of kindergarten

Discussion in 'People' started by Leigh, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Today is Ryan's first day of school. My baby is a kindergartener now. I feel like a nervous wreck. I know he is going to be fine. I know he's going to have a ball. But for 5 years, he's been with me all day, every day.

I've known this day was coming. I thought I was prepared. But now, I'm sitting here in tears. Can I just turn back the clock and have a little more time. I know that the time will fly by and before I know it, he'll be going off to college.

Well, until then, at least he didn't mind giving me a kiss before Patrick loaded up him up to take him to school.

Here he is just moments before they left. He was so excited that he could barely stand still! So, these may not be perfect, but to me they are.

Ryan on his first day of school!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for letting me share!

2. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Our "baby" starts kindergarten in 4 weeks. My wife and I are a little anxious to say the least.

I hope you feel better soon - I'm sure Ryan will be fine.

3. cute kid! boy, you folks sure start early down there, we don't start until Labor Day up here.

4. Ours is on mid August.

...Best wishes to Ryan.

5. This is great Leigh and I love that fact that you are anxious about it. Ryan is lucky to have such a neat mother.

6. Wonderful! Hold onto #3; you can see a bit of what he'll look like as he goes off to his freshman year at 'Bama.

Rich & Carolyn

7. That boy is destined for Auburn, Go War Eagles.

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Make sure you post pics of your "baby" starting too!

I think he's cute...but then again, he's mine!
    Public schools start next week. Ryan's private school is the earliest to start of all around here.

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Gordon...but I think I'm the lucky one.

Thanks Rich!

Yep...Gordon has it right....Ryan is bound to go to Auburn...he already talks about it. He knows I graduated from Auburn and wants to follow in my footsteps.

9. Wonderful keepsakes, Leigh.

I need more baby photos!!!!

10. The first step of a long road of institutional learning. We live in a wonderful world and are fortunate to have the opportunity to learn.
    I understand your maternal feelings, but you must feel very proud also Leigh. Make it a special day!

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Mitchell...Here you go!

178264032-L.

[​IMG]

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I couldn't agree more, Frits! I am very proud of Ryan. I can't wait to hear how his first day went!

13. Leigh, now that's what I'm talking about!! That first pic of all of your men is a great one!!!

14. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Mitchell. I took the one of them all together on Sunday afternoon. I guess all the stars were aligned in just the right order for me to get a decent shot of the four of them!

15. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is the happiest bunch of boys I ever saw:>))))

Ryan looks great on his first day.
    It is ok Mom.
    Yeah I do remember.....

So how did he like school.

Let us know

I will bet he loved it

16. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Granny Gale!

Yep, Ryan loved his first day. When I went in to pick him up, he told me that he didn't want to go home. He has a really nice teacher and I think this is going to be a great year for him.

Tomorrow, Ben and Reese and I are going to have a fun day. I'm taking Ben to his favorite restaurant for lunch and then we'll go do a little shopping to get him something special since he isn't ready for school yet.

Love you!!!

17. Leigh, great! We decided to keep Nick back a year...his birthday is Saturday...so Mom has another year with him...

18. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is all good Leigh:>)))

You Ben and Reese will have a good day together and Ryan will love his day as well.

Tell Ryan I am very proud of him:>))))

19. Great day for Ryan. He's growing up....

Please give "the young man" our congratulations!

I can understand your feelings. Eileen had the first day of Kindergarten last September. And I sat at home all day waiting until she came home......

But Kindergarten is slightly different here. The kids go to Kindergarten from about 3 or 4 years (only from 8 to 12 o'clock). So they visit there for at least 2-3 years and only the last year is preschool.

And when they turn 6 years, the real school starts.

20. LisaR

LisaR Guest

Leigh ..... first of all {{{{ hugs }}}} to you. It never gets any better ... I remember my "baby's" first day of kindergarten, he was so happy to go. Now I know you don't want to hear this, but I had more trouble when my baby left for his first day of college. I honestly cried for an hour after I saw him drive off "all by himself".

Hope Ryan had a fabulous first day!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.