Sacre-Coeur

Cold and blustry February morning several years ago when we visited Paris. Although quite cold surprisingly it was still quite busy around Montmatre and the Basilica Sacre-coeur. Had never really gotten a finished image that I was satisfied. Had a number of geometry issues and the dull skies just weren't appealing.Played around with smart objects , double processing, blend if, geometry adjustments , and getting the best color image before proceeding and converting image to BW in photoshop.

Basic exp info was D800 and the 24-120 @ 24mm iso 100 f8.0 and 1/100.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Oh my! This is a fabulous image! I was so impressed this building and its location and your image is extremely well done!

Oh my! This is a fabulous image! I was so impressed this building and its location and your image is extremely well done!
Thanks Karen...My Favorite city, loved all the architecture and it's history.. Wish we had more time to explore all the liittle neighborhoods around Montmatre. This was our last day in Paris before heading south. In the morning we had visited the Musee d'Orsay, then it was up to Montmatre and Chez Marie for lunch wandered around some of the side streets but as we had reservations on one of the tour boats on the Seine we had to make our way back down to the river. After the boat ride it was back to Champs-Elysees, and sunset from atop the Arc de Triomphe before heading for diner and packing for the early train to Marseille.

Gorgeous conversion! I was supposed to visit it last spring but COVID got in the way.
Thanks Mike ...so much to see and do. Would love to visit in spring, Feb was very cold and we actually had snow... It did however help to keep the lines down at both the Louvre and Musee d'Orsay. We spent a week in Paris before heading down to Marseille, but realistically could have spent another couple of weeks to see and explore at a more leisurely pace. Hope things open up so that we can resume travel.

Beautiful etch-like conversion, John!
Wonderful how the sky seems to frame the basilica.

The Sacré-Coeur is looking a bit dreary.
I seem to remember a bright white building. Mind you, it was a long time ago I saw it: 1977 :)
And it was May.

Beautiful etch-like conversion, John!
Wonderful how the sky seems to frame the basilica.

The Sacré-Coeur is looking a bit dreary.
I seem to remember a bright white building. Mind you, it was a long time ago I saw it: 1977 :)
And it was May.
Thanks...It was a cold and dreary Feb morning...had snow flurries as we came out of the Metro and making our way up to Montmatre. Def not white, various shades of gray and dark water stains, quite a bit of patina. Now on a bright day in sunlight it would appear much whiter, especially from a distance.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom