Sacred Ground............IR

Howdy All,

From the Taos Pueblo, inhabited for over 1000 yrs.

The Old Church and Cemetery.

DSC9145w.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking, Kindest Regards,

Craig

Craig, that is breath taking. What body and IR conversion did you use? I am on the trying to figure out what rig to try to put together for a trip to Burma this winter.

Craig, that is breath taking. What body and IR conversion did you use? I am on the trying to figure out what rig to try to put together for a trip to Burma this winter.

Howdy Rodney,

Thanks very much, this place was unbelievable, so much History
and the Surreal weather really made the whole experience
even more enjoyable. We really can't wait to go back and
with the weather permitting, take a little more time.

I've been shooting IR with a Modded D70S since 2006, I had the
conversion done at LifePixel and have been very pleased with
the camera and the conversion. The D70/ D70S are very
sensitive to IR so they are top candidates for the conversions.

Not sure with the Current batch of camera's though, they really block so
much of the IR lightwaves, but I have seen some stunning images from
the D200 Conversions, and some very nice B&W IR from a Modded D300.

I'll bet that upcoming Trip will be the Thrill of a Lifetime, I can only
imagine how all that foliage and historic sites and towns would
show in IR, I think it would be stunning.

Also, I've used the 18-70 3.5-5 kit lens for about 98% of all my shots.

Great sky, and cool ruins....Its a very nice shot. However way they come together in this one is kind of awkward...keeping it from beign a GREAT shot....
My eye keeps going to the cross/doorway on the extreme right hand side. The structure in the center, which prob should be the focal pt is just too small in comparison (and is right in the center....)

From this cam position, not sure what exactly might have improved it. Getting low perhaps, or even moving to that doorway, and using it in a near/far juxtoposition with the center structure. I did just now take and crop off the top 1/3rd, and its a much stronger composition albeit w/o the clouds....but then I like the clouds too....hmmm its actually a pretty nice horizontal out of the lower section as well.

Much as I love the clouds, the overall image is stronger with whats left in this particular case. But like I said, its a very nice shot as is. (sorry I think I spend too much time teaching) :biggrin:

Great sky, and cool ruins....Its a very nice shot. However way they come together in this one is kind of awkward...keeping it from beign a GREAT shot....
My eye keeps going to the cross/doorway on the extreme right hand side. The structure in the center, which prob should be the focal pt is just too small in comparison (and is right in the center....)

From this cam position, not sure what exactly might have improved it. Getting low perhaps, or even moving to that doorway, and using it in a near/far juxtoposition with the center structure. I did just now take and crop off the top 1/3rd, and its a much stronger composition albeit w/o the clouds....but then I like the clouds too....hmmm its actually a pretty nice horizontal out of the lower section as well.

Much as I love the clouds, the overall image is stronger with whats left in this particular case. But like I said, its a very nice shot as is. (sorry I think I spend too much time teaching) :biggrin:

Howdy Brad,

As Always, Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom