Sad comment really

You used to be able to walk right up to Number 10 and snap away. Not anymore. A sad comment really on the times we live in. Taken 1968 ...

No10.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

R

Removed User 2

OOoh! What a great shot, holding so much truth!

I love it!

:biggrin:

What strikes me is we have a TV channel 10. It is owned by NBC. The window above the door sorta resembles the NBC peacock emblem thingy.

I'm sure Mr. Blair will be gratified to hear this! :biggrin:

The world is a sad commentary

It would seem to be a far less innocent place than before!

OOoh! What a great shot, holding so much truth!

I love it!

Ned, it's a converted slide. After scanning it I thought it looked much better as a b&w - not something I do very often!

Great picture. Timeless.

But is there any special significance to number 10? am I missing a reference because I'm too young?? or is it simply that public photography is hard now in London??

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
Ray, you may be a little surprised to hear this............. but......... I've done that exact job at that exact location!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was a serving ploice officer with the Metropolitan Police in London for 14 years from 1987 till 2001............. and stood on that doorstep a few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Scary eh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

By the way........... great shot! :cool:

G

Great picture. Timeless.

But is there any special significance to number 10? am I missing a reference because I'm too young?? or is it simply that public photography is hard now in London??

Thanks, Gavin. I guess the significance is that you used to able to walk right up close to the door. Remarkable if you think about it!

Nice shot - the uniforms the two police officers are wearing take me back too - stab vests, short jackets etc are the norm these days.

Thanks. Now that I think about it this was taken March '69. I was on my way up to Cleethorpes to stay with my aunt and uncle and had a few hours to kill before my train left so some excursions around London. I remember it was pleasantly warm for March and was surprised to see the officers wearing macs!

Ray, you may be a little surprised to hear this............. but......... I've done that exact job at that exact location!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I was a serving ploice officer with the Metropolitan Police in London for 14 years from 1987 till 2001............. and stood on that doorstep a few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Scary eh!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

By the way........... great shot! :cool:

G

Not surprised at all! I remember you mentioning on another post that you had worked for the London Metropolitan Police. Why did you transfer North? To get closer to Scotland? And thanks again for looking and commenting Graeme!

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
[/QUOTE]Not surprised at all! I remember you mentioning on another post that you had worked for the London Metropolitan Police. Why did you transfer North? To get closer to Scotland? And thanks again for looking and commenting Graeme![/QUOTE]

My other half was a barrister in London and got offered a high paying job in York working as a government lawyer.......... always visiting the Home Office in London and all that high powered stuff.

So I resigned from the Met and looked after my two boys full time for 4 1/2 years......... now working for North Yorkshire police but as a Police Community Support Officer, same uniform etc......... basically I have slightly less powers than I used to have........... but still work the way I did!

So I'm always getting told off by the Inspectors......... but they turn a blind eye due to my previous experience! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Trying to get a little photography business up and running......... I'd rather do that and work for myself........... Di makes enough money so..........

Here's hoping! :cool:

Here's a little something to make you smile! :smile: :smile: :smile:

This is me guarding the Queen's helicopter when Princess Anne visited York last summer........... handsome chap eh??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Taken on a camera phone....... Mike (Bigpixel) would be proud of me!)...

144887866-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G

Graeme, that's just a great picture. I love it! Especially that chic vest. :wink: Here's hoping that your photo business comes to fruition. You know, for years I hounded my wife about going into business for herself. She had a fine arts degree and a master gardner's certificate. Eventually she started her own landscape design business and within 3 months she had more business than she could handle and that was the also the happiest I had seen her in years!! So go for it, Graeme!

Latest threads

Top Bottom