Sad day (Update)

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Greg loves to waterski just about more than anything. He has been having trouble with his knee the past few months. The other day something popped in his knee and he is in very bad pain now. We are waiting to go to an orthopedic hospital in Salt Lake City on Thursday and he has tentative surgery scheduled for Friday.

Last weekend we took the kids waterskiing. Of course, all Greg could do was watch. The expression on his face says it all.

I can't wait for him to get better. He is just so quiet and sad.......

original.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2008
  2. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Those are some dirty feet! :biggrin:

Hopefully he'll recover soon and be able to make it out on the lake again! I wish him all the luck!

3. KG72

KG72 Guest

Bah... thats no good. Hope things work out for him. I know what knee injuries are like. I was laid up in a brace and on crutches for almost a full two years after some major reconstructive surgery to my left knee/foot/leg due to an accident.

4. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

bummer ...looks like he's contimplating his age..at 51 i'm pulling muscles i didn't know existed ...lol
    :eek:

5. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    That is what my face would look like if those dirty feet were in my boat.:eek:
    If I am not able to wakeboard, It still is fun to drive.:biggrin:
    Tell Greg "good luck in a speedy recovery".:cool:

6. So sorry to hear this news. Hopefully he will not require an open procedure on his knee. When you really love to ski, just driving the boat doesn't cut it.

Best of luck at the doctor visit.

7. Terri,
    please tell Greg that we are thinking of him
    i know that the timing is bad
    but... sounds like he'll be fine one day

he'll be in our prayers

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks. I hope so, too. He's a very active person. Sitting around will kill him!! That black sand on the beach makes for dirty feet, for sure.

Is your knee doing well now?

He's a couple of years older than you....I'm sure contemplating his age has something to do with his expression. He's so stubborn.....are you?

9. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    He does love to drive, but not as much as ski. That black sand on the beach is kind of nasty on the feet.:eek:

Thanks, Mitchell. I hope it can be fixed with a scope, that's for sure!!

His timing is bad...right in the middle of our hiking and photography season, too....Oh well, I'm not feeling sorry for myself. I just feel terrible for him.

10. you are the kind of lady to feel sorry for yourself.... i never thought that
    but... when you love your husband... and he is sad about his current medical condition.... you can't help being sad with him
    that's love

i hope that a quick resolution will come from this procedure... and that Greg is a "good boy" and rehabs as prescribed... :smile:

11. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Knee problems aren't fun. Please keep us posted on the progress.

12. We'll be thinking of you 2. Just think--having a stationary model who doesn't zip around all of the place like those adorable grand kids.

Good luck Greg!

13. KG72

KG72 Guest

Yes. Had the accident almost eleven years ago now. Doctors put me back together damn good for what they had to work with. I have good and bad days with it... I live with certain amount of pain each day... sometimes less sometimes more. On good days you wouldn't know it... doesn't look like I limp at all. On bad days though... I can barely walk on it.

Have to constantly pay attention to where I'm going though. If I'm not and I end up twisting it the wrong way or whatnot... the pain will floor me.

14. Terri. I've had torn cartilage in both knees and orthoscopic surgery on them in 2000-2001 and have had no problems since. It does take about 6 months to recuperate fully. My doctor had me on an exercise bike a week after surgery. It hurt like the dickens but all is fine now. I'm sure he'll be back to his old self in a matter of months.

15. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    Wish him the best from my family. I hope all goes well, and he has a very speedy recovery.

16. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I'm at my sister's house waiting to return to the hospital. It's torn cartilege and he will have surgery in a couple of hours. We are grateful that it is something that can be fixed with a scope.

I'll let you know how it turns out!!

Thanks, all. I better get off the Internet now and get ready to go to the hospital.

17. Best of luck. Keep us posted!

18. Best wishes to Greg for a quick recovery so he can hit the water and trails again.

19. Not much worse than taking one's mobility away. My best to Greg for a successful solution to this problem.

20. midocr

midocr

Mar 28, 2008
    OH - IO
    Mike
    You got that right, brother! :eek: