Sad news: Pinky left us...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Philippe Roger, Jul 6, 2005.

1. I thought I would share this sad news with you as you have expressed interest in the past about Pinky, and you are my online family.

Pinky was this very sweet 4 years old "red' Abyssinian cat. Him and his brother Spike were office cats; we adopted them 3 years ago when the office manager at my work place left... They both have given us incredible joy, each in their different way. Anyway, Pinky has been hit by FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) which is a terrible and always fatal auto-immune viral disease. He fought it bravely for the last 6 weeks or so; Julene and I helped him as much as we could of course, but he was suffering too much, so he took his last trip this morning...

Pinky is the one in the background here (Spike appears to be fine)
    [​IMG]

Just a couple of months ago:
    [​IMG]

And perhaps in my all-time favorite cat picture, 2+ years ago, with a Coolpix:
    [​IMG]

Goodbye Pinky! We'll miss you and we'll see you across the Rainbow Bridge some time...
    ---
    Julene, Philippe, Spike, K.C., B.J. and Belle

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Philippe,

So sorry to hear of your loss. We lost our beloved Muffin a few years ago to cancer, and I know that it hurts. At least Pinky had good years with you and your family.

Please express my sorrow to your family.

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Sorry about your loss, Philippe

It's impossible to not get very attached to your animals.

4. Philippe,
    I am sorry to hear about your loss.
    You will be sure to enjoy the pictures of Pinky for a long time to come and be sure to enjoy Spike's company every day.

We had a similar loss a number of years back, when one of our two cats got ill and left us within just a few days.
    We relish his memory and very much enjoy the other one, who is still with us.

5. A beautiful animal and a beloved friend...goodbye Pinky.

6. So sorry to hear about Pinky I do know how it feels and my heart goes out to you.

7. So sorry to hear that your beautiful kitty has passed on :-( and certainly way before her time. I know how difficult it is.

8. Kim

Kim

Jun 16, 2005
    Tennessee
    I know how hard it is to lose such a good friend and companion. My heart goes out to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures.

9. Thank you all so much for your thoughts.

You are right, we will treasure Pinky's memory and his pictures for a long time and will also be reminded of him often simply by looking at and interacting with the 3 other cats we have: Spike, K(itty) C(cat), B(lack) J(ack), in addition to the dog, Belle.

We have lost pets before too and it never is easy, even when it's of old age. They become your "children", in a way.

10. Philippe

Very sorry to here about Pinky.

Having lost a dog and a cat in the last 2 years I know how you feel.

Russ

11. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Please keep an eye on Spike. Cats do feel the loss wether others want to belileve it or not. Spike will need even more attention now that his pal is not around to play and groom.

So sorry to hear this.

12. Philippe

Sorry to hear about your lost, I'm a cat lover as well and feel your pain.

Anthony

13. Thanks again: you are helping more than you know. The thought that Pinky is in a better place is also somewhat comforting. Greg, you are so right about Spike: he has been acting a bit differently and he has been looking everywhere for Pinky as well...

It's a sad ending to the "Abby brothers" story, as we loved to call them, but I hope that Spike will continue to strive. And we also have KC and BJ (adopted and tamed feral kittens), and of course Belle, the Golden retriever to help sooth the loss.

14. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Very Very Sorry

Anyway, Pinky has been hit by FIP (Feline Infectious Peritonitis) which is a terrible and always fatal auto-immune viral disease. He fought it bravely for the last 6 weeks or so; Julene and I helped him as much as we could of course, but he was suffering too much, so he took his last trip this morning...

Hi Philippe,

I am very sorry for your loss. FIP is a horrible illness. We lost one of ours last July (the 31st) to the illness. The worst part about the illness is that it strikes out without any real warning and that there is no cure for it (There have been a few articles recently about antivirals having some potential for effect on the cats, but it is still very preliminary and, at best, a crap shoot). You may want to speak with your veterinarian about other precautions for your other cats. The Corona virus is very contagious (the Corona Virus is what actually leads to FIP...however it is important to note that many cats have the Corona Virus but never get FIP. It is often spread throughout kennels and catteries..but the poor cat must have a predisposition to actually get FIP).

Again, I am very sorry for Pinky and for your loss.

Most Sincerely,
    James

15. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Philippe....So sorry for your lose. The wonderful companionship of a pet is to be cherished...and the eventual lose is so difficult. I know that you will reflect on him through your images forever.

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;