Sad....people think dad photographing HIS kids is a pervert

There is hope, though. From the article in the Daily Mail:
'One of the police officers told me that it was just the way society is these days. He agreed with me that it was madness.'
Usually law enforcement is unfortunately uneducated on this and will blindly side with the "no photography" side. It's good to see that there are coppers out there who have a better understanding of the issue!

"What is the world coming to when anybody seen with a camera is assumed to be doing things that they should not?"

We've discussed this to death here and on other forums. It's a SAD, SAD, SAD society!

I could make a really sarcastic comment, but I'll refrain.

You know, it's all the media's and government's fault. Whenever evildoers are plotting something, they always take pictures with their cameras. The government also enforces this idea, because it makes them look like they're being pro-active. The media brainwashing machine continues! I know, I work in the dumbest branch of entertainment media!

I'm always taking pics of my boy at the park, i would be so offended and bothered if someone called me a perv because of it, i never even thought about that.

I could make a really sarcastic comment, but I'll refrain.

You know, it's all the media's and government's fault. Whenever evildoers are plotting something, they always take pictures with their cameras. The government also enforces this idea, because it makes them look like they're being pro-active. The media brainwashing machine continues! I know, I work in the dumbest branch of entertainment media!

You are so right! The press is it's own worse enemy. I have had police tell me the same thing. People are just crazy, be careful.

When I first discovered Fox News channel, I seriously thought it was suppose to be satirical. The joke was on me!

Anyway, that really is sad. What's going on with UK lately?

I got asked at the soccer field about a month ago

Not during one of the weekly house league games - it was a school tournament

The organizer just asked me what school I was with and which child - after that it was cool

The parents at my house league games have all been cool - even since the first game

I use a monopod, so I am a little more obvious than most

It definitely sucks that the wrong impression is the first guess...

People have too much time on there hands so they watch other people and tell them that they are doing "bad" things. If someone told me that I would punch him in the face and tell him to mind his own business. They have no right to call him a perv because he is capturing family moments in the park minding his own business. Now if he had a camera and was taking photos of a child that was not his, thats another story, but your own kid? God it makes me so mad!

Why are we, so obvious with our big black gear, so suspect; and the little old folk with their mini video-cams with 100X zooms OK?

I was always taught that it's the ones you can't see that will hurt you!

R

Rick Waldroup

It has gotten to the point now that when approached in a hostile manner about what I am shooting, I tell people to kiss my *** and take a hike. And if they continue to have a problem, I ask them to call the police. I have been stopped and questioned by security guards and regular citizens, and sometimes detained by police officers, over a dozen times since 2001, and I have found that being Mr. Nice Guy does not seem to work. The one exception is actual police officers. Usually when questioned by them, being polite and courteous is the way to go. They are usually just doing their jobs. It is security guards and regular folks who are the biggest problem.

Enough is enough of these short sighted, zombie minded freaks. If they want to live in a world of perpetual fear, fine, they can knock themselves out- just leave me alone and the vast majority of us who want to live in a free and open society.

I wonder if it's different for us women. I'm sure people look at me weird because I'm a female doing a somewhat stereotypical male hobby. I also have extremely short hair, so I'm sure they're assuming I'm gay as well. It's just the way people are. I try not to let it bother me. I know who I am and what I'm doing. If they have a problem with it, I can usually sense it and will tell them straight out what I am doing. I'm not going to miss memories of my sons because some ignorant fool is making false assumptions.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom