Safari 3 Beta = f-a-s-t

I just d/l'd and am using Safari 3 Beta and it is, eupemistically, quite snappy!

Yep, works fast on my iMac G5 too, wonder how it goes for windows??
I see it has spelling in these windows too!!

It works great lol

safaricrash.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well I wanted to try it and also wanted it to work but alas it didn't ... :frown:

I'll (have to) wait for the next real release .

H

HAC_X

I didn't really see any speed difference. Firefox still seems faster on my iMac.

The XP beta is still borked...hopefully when its out, it will be a nice alternative
browser for the windows crowd..

Cheers
Harold

I;m running it on my Mac Pro and it does seem a little faster. It does crash occasionally when I open it but other than that its fine. I like the new search window(opens at the top of the browser rather than a new window) and spell check :)

Real Name
William Beem
I tried the beta on my iMac G5, but not on my MacBook Pro. The first noticeable difference is the same of any upgrade - SAFT plugin stops working. That alone seems to speed things up, though.

SAFT is a trade-off between features and performance. At first, I didn't think the Safari beta would work at all. It seemed to hang there with an error message about SAFT for 10 minutes. Right when I was going to Force Quit the thing, it decided to play nice and has worked well since then.

However, I'm not sure that it's much of a big deal to me right now. The only visible difference I've noticed is the change in Search. Otherwise, it looks like the same old Safari to me.

Real Name
Doug
I don't use it

I've always found Safari to be a buggy, feature-poor browser. I downloaded the beta and found nothing to change that assessment.

There are far too many sites and functions that Safari has trouble with. I use Firefox.

YMMV

I would like to try Safari 3.0 but not until I can get rid of the brushed aluminum background--it's too hard to read the print. I like the cleaner, clearer look I get with safaricon and iriduim. Hopefully Apple will have the final version available with downloadable themes like firefox already has.

Latest threads

Top Bottom