Safari Park

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, May 4, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I was cleaning up my hard drive and came across quite a few shots from my visit to the Harmony Safari park that I hadn't even processed. Here are some examples.

All taken with the D2H / 70-200VR.

Alpaca:
    [​IMG]

Another:
    [​IMG]

Fallow Deer:
    [​IMG]

The tongue:
    [​IMG]

Emu:
    [​IMG]

I gotta go back to this place. 8)

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    the second one has great potential. looks cross eyed. I'd crop it a bit tight and run it vertical. bogen gimbal should be in tomorrow but I'll be out. guess I'll have to make a special trip before sunday.

3. Frank,

Why did you photograph me chewing and looking on both sides at the same time. :!: I'm ashamed of my attitudes. :).

Beautiful pictures. Looking at all the pictures taken with a D2H by you and others NikonCafe fellows, I wonder if I must go for a D2Hs now or wait for the D200.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    LOL Dao. :lol:

Actually, what I would strongly recommend is looking at either a new or used D2H. As long as you have the glass to fill the frame (or at least reasonable fill it), and you don't under-expose, there ain't a better cam out there, including the D2X.

And the cool thing is, you can get a brand new one for around $1,900, or a mint used one for $1,200 - $1,500. I'm thinking that an X at four times that price, or an Hs at 2.5 times ain't worth the difference.

And, you can get over 300 RAW shots on a 1GB CF card. 8)

5. Thanks for the advice, Frank.

6. Very nice shots Frank...why are they all making faces at you? :D :? :shock: :x :twisted: :wink:

Regards,
    -Vinod

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I think that they thought that I was going to feed them. This is their 'I'm hungry daddy' look.... :lol:

8. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Frank

With all respect I think the second one was scared of you i can hear him/her thinking "ouch that's an ugly one" :lol: :lol: :wink: :wink:

9. Good shots Frank. I love that place. The Emus still give me the willys!!! :D :D :D

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I too love that place! The first time Patrick and I took the kids out there the Camel came in the window on my side. I didn't know I could MOVE SO FAST!!!!!! Scared the bejeezus out of the kids....I almost wet my britches....Patrick about died laughing!!! And yet, we still go back time after time. I can't wait to go again now that I have a camera worthy of getting decent shots!

Great shots Frank! I love that second one!

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Leigh. It is a very cool place, and right in Huntsville too. 8)

12. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Flew

I really missed your artistic compositions at DPR. These are great and loolks like you had a lot of fun !

Regards

13. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thank you very much Robert. These guys are very habituated, and think every person that comes through is going to feed them, so they followed our truck all the way around the compound. 8)

They are neat animals though, and I really enjoyed photographing them.

Regards,

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Flew,

Some real classics. Sure glad you found them.. Love them all. Good shots.

I have been trying to clean up my hard drive, and like you I find stuff I haven't processed. So there goes that day.

Now I have a folder on the desk top the reads,

" I don't know wht the hell this is"

So much for house cleaning the hard drive.

15. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale,

I know just how you feel. I have a 160GB hard drive where I keep my pictures, and I've got less than 4GB free space. Talk about your clean-up nightmare. :?

Thanks for the kind words BTW. :wink: