Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Randy, Apr 15, 2007.

1. a 180 2.8 shot from last season that just popped up on my desktop via webshots

2. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    I like shots like this, that show a bit of drama within the game. The umpire poised to make the call, the baseman waiting on the ball.
    A great shot technically, but also very interesting to look at.
  3. thx Jeff...i only wish i could have frozen the ball better but the motion sorta works some
  4. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005

You sound like a friend of mine. No matter how good the shot is, how perfect the framing, the focus, the exposure...he still finds something he wished he'd done better.
    I mean..this is a really good shot. If the worst thing you can find is wishing the ball was frozen better, then that should tell you something.
    Then again, I guess we all want to improve, no matter what level we are at, skill wise.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007

5. it's rare for me to feel like there's nothing else i coulda done on a pic....i think we are all our best & worst critics
  6. I concur. I think the best sports shots include either an implicit or an explicit frame of reference that leads to anticipation...what happens next? Randy did REAL GOOD here :).

Just out of curiousity, Randy, with the 180 you must have had a sizeable crop...what camera were you using?
  7. Nice timing great capture I can see why it is making the rounds on webshots
  8. thx Harry...
    not sure but i'm guessing that was my now sold d50 or d70s
    i sit very close to the field so not so much of a crop
  9. thx Mike

webshots on my desktop only...i have never given them any pics altho it would be flattering if they used any of mine