1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sail NYC

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by bradNYC, Aug 1, 2008.

1. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    Please let me have it, I have thick skin

145mm f5 1/1250 ISO100 PP'd using NX2
    DSC_0049nx3.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    It looks way over processed to me.
    There is a cyan tone to the whole thing that makes it look too cool. The reds on the boat look a bit over saturated and the yellows look a bit washed out. Just my opinion.

3. I agree with Paul.

Your exif says Auto white balance, but I'm sure your colors were way different than what we see here.

4. well....
    i suppose if you desire an "other world" look (which is fine)
    then.... i like it

the scene is very nice
    can you post the original image... if you have it?

in THIS form it might lend itself to some WATERCOLOR treatment in post
    thanks for sharing

5. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Yes, as Greg requested, can you post the original?

6. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    thank you all, this is the kind of feedback I was looking for. I thought the original needed some pop which is what I tried to do without overdoing it.

Here's the original
    DSC_0049.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's a little PP
    View attachment 231148

7. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Much better...........the original isn't bad, just a tad of brightness would help in my view. The first image you posted is over saturated.

8. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    The original just needs a levels adjustment and tweaking of the color balance in the midtone to shadow region. The highlight white balance is good, but the midtones and shadows are a bit blue.

9. incredibly better
    that is a great job
    i'm so happy you posted it for us

10. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    I was afraid the original was too dull/boring. And after viewing all 3 together, I agree, the first pic had WAY TOO much PP. I was trying to pushed to limits, I guess I went overboard.

Mark/Bob/Doc/Dez/Paul - thanks again, I've really learned so much with everyone's help.

11. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Overboard.........someone throw the man a life preserver..............yeah definitely overboard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.