1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Saint Peter in Chains Cathedral, Cincinatti

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by gnagel, Jul 11, 2018.

1. I had an opportunity to walk around downtown Cincinnati last week. One of the first buildings that I entered was the Saint Peter in Chains Cathedral.

p2966263088-5.
    NIKON D850    ---    14mm    f/8.0    1/13s    ISO 64

p2966263091-5.
    NIKON D850    ---    70mm    f/8.0    4s    ISO 64

p2966263218-5.
    NIKON D850    ---    14mm    f/9.0    1/4s    ISO 64

p2966263193-5.
    NIKON D850    ---    24mm    f/8.0    2s    ISO 64

p2966263089-5.
    NIKON D850    ---    15mm    f/8.0    1/1s    ISO 64

p2966263092-5.
    NIKON D850    ---    92mm    f/8.0    10s    ISO 64

p2966263211-5.
    NIKON D850    ---    28mm    f/8.0    10s    ISO 64

p2966263090-5.
    NIKON D850    ---    15mm    f/8.0    1/1s    ISO 64

All photographs were captured with the D850.

Thanks for looking...
    Glenn

• Like Like x 2
  2. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Superb images, Glenn. I've missed seeing your top notch work!!!

Love the fish in #5....but the perspective in #8 is not quite as pleasing. #1, 3 and 4 are standouts, too.

4. Wonderful color and three-dimensional appearance!

I would be interested in learning your thinking that drove you to display the ceiling in #3 with such a strong slant.

5. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    Like Klaus, I wonder how you take these photos. Beautiful Glenn.

6. A great set as always Glenn !

7. JW53

JW53

Jan 21, 2006
    Johns Creek, Ga
    Wonderful work, always amazed at your images of interior spaces.

8. Thanks Klaus...I would love to visit Switzerland, but that might not be happening for several years!
    Thank you, Karen...much appreciated! After I left this church, I walked across the street to the Plum Street Temple--and that was an incredibly impressive interior!
    Thanks Mike...the slant in #3 is a result of pointing such a wide angle lens to the side rather than squaring it away to the center and creating another symmetrical image. I decided to make the vertical lines straight rather than the horizontal lines. With an image such as this, I might be able to "correct" it in Photoshop, but I suspect that I would be stretching the pixels more than the image quality could bear.
    Thanks Rick!
    Thanks Binnur...I appreciate you taking the time to comment.
    Thanks John...I enjoy photographing interiors--perfectly still conditions (no wind) and more control over the light.

Glenn

9. I understand. However, to get back to my original question, what drove you to make that decision? Is there a reason other than that you simply like that style?

10. I like to shoot from that side angle as it gives a greater sense of depth to the photograph IMO. I like the symmetrical ones as well, but I've been tending to shoot from the corners a lot more as of late.

Glenn

11. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Great stuff as usual, agree with Mike #3 seems a bit disjointed.

12. Thanks West...#3 certainly has a lot of distortion. It didn't bother me, but I might take a crack at minimizing that effect.

Glenn

13. Great images, Glenn. You captured the 'spirit' building through this series. I put my head and look around for about 90 seconds once down there -- I'll have to give it a more thorough examination next time I have a chance.

Next time you're in Cinci, head 90 minutes north on I-75 and come say hi!

14. Thanks, Louis!
    Thanks...

I was able to walk around the downtown area for most of a day...lots more pictures to post once I process them.

Glenn

15. sonuj2

sonuj2

May 11, 2006
    Naperville, IL
    The symmetry in you images is outstanding. Are these composite images or you take multiple images and post the best here? Great job on all of them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. What can I say again Glenn. Your work is stunning and very much anticipated by at least me and most likely everyone else on the Cafe'. Another treat :) (y).

17. Excellent work Glenn, you never cease to amaze.

18. gwh1bass

gwh1bass

Sep 14, 2008
    Lansing MI
    Glenn
    Absolutely outstanding,as usual
    Glenn

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.