Sale on Cree LED lightbulbs at Home Depot!!

Thanks, dude. Just ordered 8.
By the way, for those who might not be familiar with LED technology, Cree is one of the most reliable LED manufacturers.

They also have a 5000K version for $1 more. I think I will try a couple of those. I have LED lighting in the RV and have been waiting for direct replacement lamps for home.
Thanks for posting,
Pete

Thanks! I am determined to not buy those curly, mercury filled CFL disasters which take a long time to reach full power and give off a greenish-bluish glow.

Thanks! I am determined to not buy those curly, mercury filled CFL disasters which take a long time to reach full power and give off a greenish-bluish glow.
I bought the "warmer" ones that are supposed to match incandescent bulbs.
I had a ceiling fixture with 3 sockets (one burnt out). One incandescent, one squirly-tube-fluorescent and now the LED. The LED very closely matches the incandescent one. The main difference is that there is a shadow at the "tip" of the bulb for the LEDs. It is not a problem for me. So far I like the new LED bulbs.

I replaced my incandesants in my BR ceiling fan (4 bulbs) with those CFL curlies and about blinded myself. WAAAYY to bright. Put 2 burnt out bulbs in 2 of the outlets and just use 2 curlies and seems about right. LED's probably would not be as bright with 4 bulbs as the 4 curlies were.

BTW dont use curlies in cold enviorments. Garage has them and its a good 30 secs before they are full bright.

Thanks, I missed these and the floor guy did not know anything about LEDs, I have not been able to find larger wattage bulbs which I need. Most LED bulbs in the big box have a no better watt lumen ration than CF bulbs, these you posted are •Lumen's per Watt: = 88. thats is good, and Cree is an excellent name brand. I know Lumen's are not the best measure of light output for Led bulbs but for the sake of comparison, for the general public it will do for now.

I replaced my incandesants in my BR ceiling fan (4 bulbs) with those CFL curlies and about blinded myself. WAAAYY to bright. Put 2 burnt out bulbs in 2 of the outlets and just use 2 curlies and seems about right. LED's probably would not be as bright with 4 bulbs as the 4 curlies were.

BTW dont use curlies in cold enviorments. Garage has them and its a good 30 secs before they are full bright.
Well it might all be the same if the lumen's are equal, but then you get a different outcome with whatever diffuser the bulb has or lacks. I bounce light of the ceilings, so a better diffused bulb does not work in that application.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom