Salmon Fishing 101(for bears)

Real Name
Dan
1) Scout out a good spot.

p3137509344-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) You've got to get wet.

p3137513133-5.jpg

3) Keep your eyes on the prize.

p3137513360-5.jpg

4) Paw/eye coordination is key.

p3137513605-5.jpg

5) Enjoy.

p3137514207-5.jpg

Real Name
Dan
That's how it's done alright! Great shots too! :)
Thanks for commenting, Roger.
Wonderful series! It reminds me how nice it is to go to the grocery store to get my salmon. :ROFLMAO:
Yeah going to the store is a little drier. But the fish isn't quite as fresh.
Terrific shooting Dan.
Thanks, Louie.
Excellent series. I especially like #3 as you can clearly see how the bear is focused on the fish.
Thanks, Jim. Yes it would have been nice if the fish had been a little further out of the water :(
Another great series Dan. So how do you get the bears to sit and watch this class 101
Thanks, Bob. Their moms teach them to fish. The kiddos watch from the creek bank.
Great pics and narrative
Thanks, Randy.
Entertaining. These bears all seem to have their own twist on fishing technique.
They do indeed. Each individual has his/her own technique. Plus the fishing style is tailored to the type of creek(i.e.speed of flow, water depth, etc). This particular bear is what I call a walker. She continuously walked up and down the creek, in the water where it was shallow and on the bank where the water was deeper.
I really enjoy viewing your images. Great subject and action by a talented photographer.
Thanks, Jim. Glad you enjoy the posts. Showing up is 90 percent of the equation.

Latest threads

Top Bottom