Salt lake City sunset through the smog of the fire.

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Shepherd Wong, Jul 16, 2007.

1. D40 18-200 vr lens.

2. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice
    Beautiful color
  3. Nice colorful sunsets we've had lately, but at a price. I'm glad the fires are pretty well out now. Nice captures. Thanks for sharing them.
  4. sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Nice, though I would like to breath and not have brown skies going to work in the morning.
    Is that 215 going through the bottom center of the first pic?
  5. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Beautiful shots. Did you do anything special to get the sun so well defined in 2, 3, and 4, or was that a function of the camera or the effect of the smoke? I don't think I could have gotten it that defined with my D200.
  6. dt6366

Dec 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    Amazing how a destructive fire can help achieve such beauty. Nice shots.
  7. Jemez Smith

Jemez Smith Guest

Very nice. I live in Northern New Mexico, and we are seeing some evidence of the smoke even out here.
  8. Thanks, they're from the hills just between Parley's and Millcreek canyons. I believe it's technically I-80 in the photo:wink:
  9. I didn't do anything special, this is my first time shooting the sunset so I think I just got lucky. I spot metered off right next to the sun though. As such the blues above were very underexposed. Most of the look and color comes from a levels adjustment of the blues with NX. I think the smog was mostly responsible though.
  10. Nicely done. Smoke actually makes a wonderful filter for the sun.