1. Never saw "Towers", but I love this one! What's the temperature when this was taken?

2. Way cool! Nice detail and perspective! Wonderful how each side of the valley has its own look.

3. Debbi

Debbi Guest

I agree. VERY nice!

4. I like it. Not been there, but is it suppose to be blue?

5. Lovely shot Eric. I like the perspective and the colors in the shot. Thanks for sharing.

God Bless,
    David

6. Well as you know this is a sunset shot and the sun had just about dipped below the mountains on the left of the shot which put just about 2/3 of the salt pan in the shade. i.e. cooler WB temps. Kept them there since it seemed to work instead of changing the WB to a warmer look, since the mountains on the right were in nice warm light already.. Did not want to over do the warm light... Also it was January out there and a bit cold.

Thanks David...
    Thanks Debbi...
    Thanks....
    Thanks Anthony...

7. The salt is white David, which can reflect the blue sky to some degree like snow. I have a sunset shot from the same area taken last January, the salt has a blue cast in mine also.

Sunset at Badwater, I love that area Eric. Looks like the salt crust is a little less broken up than when I was there. Very nice.

8. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Well done and a good play of light and dark and warm vs cool tones in the image, I like it.

Wade

9. Thanks Doug.. Yep we walked out about a mile or so on the salt pan....

Thanks Commodore 64...

10. Eric,
    that is awesome

11. Thanks Greg...

12. Looks FABULOUS on dual wide-screen!!

13. Thanks...

14. Eric
    Another beautiful photo. Next time I am in LA I want to carry your camera bag and learn at the heels of a true master of desert photography.

15. Thanks Bob.. So when you coming on down this way??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.