Salty

Well since "Towers " was not liked that much lets try another one...

Well a 7 image stitched panorama from where else Death Valley...

Larger version can be found here:
http://www.pbase.com/image/99947948/original

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I like it. Not been there, but is it suppose to be blue?
Well as you know this is a sunset shot and the sun had just about dipped below the mountains on the left of the shot which put just about 2/3 of the salt pan in the shade. i.e. cooler WB temps. Kept them there since it seemed to work instead of changing the WB to a warmer look, since the mountains on the right were in nice warm light already.. Did not want to over do the warm light... Also it was January out there and a bit cold.

Lovely shot Eric. I like the perspective and the colors in the shot. Thanks for sharing. God Bless, David
Thanks David...
I agree. VERY nice!
Thanks Debbi...
Way cool! Nice detail and perspective! Wonderful how each side of the valley has its own look.
Thanks....
Never saw "Towers", but I love this one! What's the temperature when this was taken?
Thanks Anthony...

I like it. Not been there, but is it suppose to be blue?

The salt is white David, which can reflect the blue sky to some degree like snow. I have a sunset shot from the same area taken last January, the salt has a blue cast in mine also.

Sunset at Badwater, I love that area Eric. Looks like the salt crust is a little less broken up than when I was there. Very nice.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Well done and a good play of light and dark and warm vs cool tones in the image, I like it.

Wade

The salt is white David, which can reflect the blue sky to some degree like snow. I have a sunset shot from the same area taken last January, the salt has a blue cast in mine also.

Sunset at Badwater, I love that area Eric. Looks like the salt crust is a little less broken up than when I was there. Very nice.
Thanks Doug.. Yep we walked out about a mile or so on the salt pan....

Well done and a good play of light and dark and warm vs cool tones in the image, I like it. Wade
Thanks Commodore 64...

Latest threads

Top Bottom