SAMANTHA - photo shoot

I don't think you are considering the feedback regarding the limit on how many images should be included in a posting.

im sorry? i posted 15 as asked. im just looking for a way to show and better my photography. these were the best images from the set and i really wanted to know how i did with them.

Numbering the images also would help if you're looking for critique.

Exposure looks great on most, some could use more contrast, they look a bit flat.

Great model she really knows what she's doing it looks like.

By biggest negative critique would have to be the backgrounds and clutter. There's one with her flip-flop on the ground in front of the car, the pallets with plastic, the last pic with the yellow line on the garage door that looks like she's been impaled by it and the iron structure itself in some cases with the white and yellow bands. There are also some white blown out signs in the background in a few.

Numbering the images also would help if you're looking for critique.

Exposure looks great on most, some could use more contrast, they look a bit flat.

Great model she really knows what she's doing it looks like.

By biggest negative critique would have to be the backgrounds and clutter. There's one with her flip-flop on the ground in front of the car, the pallets with plastic, the last pic with the yellow line on the garage door that looks like she's been impaled by it and the iron structure itself in some cases with the white and yellow bands. There are also some white blown out signs in the background in a few.

thank you so much. that is the type of critique im looking for. i didnt know to look around my subject for misc objects etc. i will do that from now on. i can see how just looking around can help the photos be less distracting.

i used a D90 & 18-105 lens for this shoot accompanied by only 1 SB-600 since thats all i can afford at this time. im thinking maybe another SB will help more with shadows etc....

Phil nailed a lot of my complaints. You really need to number the shots to make it easier to give feedback.

The shot before the flip-flop one has a cigarette butt behind her heel. The one after, where she is sitting on the hood has her left hand and lower leg cut off at the joints. In general, you want to try to cut limbs off in the middle rather than the joint. It's a lot more pleasing to view.

Phil also echoes my sentiments except that I would add that if you have the 70-200, you should try using the 2.8 of that lens and some distance to blur the background, instead of the 18-105.

Otherwise good job.

I will echo most of what has been said...

1) The B&W and desaturated images don't work as well as the color images in this series.
2) Watch your backgrounds.
3) Number your photos to help with critique. However, please ignore Glenn and continue to post the numbers you have been posting! :tongue:

I will add that these pictures are much improved and you continue to get better. Nice series.

thanx guys. im hoping to have shoots every weekend. i really enjoy it. i just want to make sure every week i improve, with all of your c&c i can do that.

I'm must have missed the background the first time, but looking the second time the backgrounds are too busy and cluttered. You need to work on your depth of field. The model appears to have a "deer in a light" in a couple of the images. Otherwise nice work all around.........from the car to the shoes!!!

i'm not expert at shooting modles. but the $200 35 f1.8 or $100 50mm f1.8 would really help with backgrounds

also take the plates off the car.......

and nice nittos on the car whats it run?

I agree with others on the backgrounds .. they are lil distracting. Nice work over all, the model knows whats she is doing.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Ok,

first, when I linked my post about the rules, I said an occasional post of 15 images once in a while, not your next post right away.... but I know you are excited about your images, and you want feedback, which is great, but remember, more threads with fewer images generally works best. Also think about posting SOME of these images in the people area and get some feedback from them, since in my opinion you are shooting more of the model and it is not about the cars.

I did provide the actual suggested guidelines by the owner in my sitcky links. Also, file sizes are still to large especially with 15 images, many of yours are 600-700 kb in size, not needed for web viewing. Which is why I changed them all to links, and removed some. The members above are right about the crotch shots and other shots, not for the cafe.

Reminder

When posting photographs please keep image posts between 5-8 embedded pictures. Of course, when telling a story or demonstrating a technique, more can be acceptable. Just please also consider your file sizes and number of embedded pictures for those that may not be on high speed internet services. Separating them by posts within a thread or linking within a post is also courteous.

Ok,

first, when I linked my post about the rules, I said an occasional post of 15 images once in a while, not your next post right away.... but I know you are excited about your images, and you want feedback, which is great, but remember, more threads with fewer images generally works best. Also think about posting SOME of these images in the people area and get some feedback from them, since in my opinion you are shooting more of the model and it is not about the cars.

I did provide the actual suggested guidelines by the owner in my sitcky links. Also, file sizes are still to large especially with 15 images, many of yours are 600-700 kb in size, not needed for web viewing. Which is why I changed them all to links, and removed some. The members above are right about the crotch shots and other shots, not for the cafe.

understandable and i love the cafe. i was excited. i felt they all were different in a way that could use feedback. the more they post the more i see what i can change in the future.

Latest threads

Top Bottom