Sam's new dress

Samantha modeled her new dress for me today. Any comments?

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Did you get a model release? :p Very cute little girl! Nice looking pic, seems a bit washed out to me, though I am unfamiliar with your style. Personally I would have made the skin tones a very slight bit darker. Could be my monitor too though. Nice pic!

I love it!!! So soft, so feminine..... really makes her eyes stand out. Very cute haircut on a very pretty girl.

1. She is a very pretty little girl. I'm sure her father is very proud
  2. The lighting in this is very interesting. It almost makes her looks like some kind of apparition

New dress, new hairstyle!

I like it just the way it is, Mitchell. Man, that new do's gonna take some getting used to!

Youngsville (The edge of nowhere), North Carolina
This is a very interesting shot. The expression on her face doesn't quite match the overall "feel" of the image. Your daughter has such a unique face, almost fairy-like, that it seems out of place in a high-key environment.

I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I'd like to see her, as-is in this shot, in a different environment... darker, perhaps a bit haunting without being morbid. Like in a field of flowers or a woods with lots of ferns.

If she were my daughter, she'd be the subject of many fairy-tale / wood nymph images.

Did you get a model release? :p Very cute little girl! Nice looking pic, seems a bit washed out to me, though I am unfamiliar with your style. Personally I would have made the skin tones a very slight bit darker. Could be my monitor too though. Nice pic!

Thanks for the kind words. This comment really caught me. I didn't think I had a "style"!!

1. She is a very pretty little girl. I'm sure her father is very proud
  2. The lighting in this is very interesting. It almost makes her looks like some kind of apparition
Thanks, Fred.

When I shot the first few I realized I had too much spill from the background light on my left. This was one of those. It made an interesting effect, but I can see that many don't care for the washed out look on that side.

This is a very interesting shot. The expression on her face doesn't quite match the overall "feel" of the image. Your daughter has such a unique face, almost fairy-like, that it seems out of place in a high-key environment.

I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I'd like to see her, as-is in this shot, in a different environment... darker, perhaps a bit haunting without being morbid. Like in a field of flowers or a woods with lots of ferns.

If she were my daughter, she'd be the subject of many fairy-tale / wood nymph images.
Woody, you are making perfect sense here. My creative director (my older daughter) wanted me to shoot against my white muslin for this shot. My family is tired of my black background and they hate the color of my only other muslin.

We will be spending next week at Callaway Gardens. Perhaps I will get a chance at you wood nymph suggestion.

Thanks for looking and for the great comments.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom