Sam's new dress

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Samantha modeled her new dress for me today. Any comments?

[​IMG]

2. DarkGT

DarkGT

May 27, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Did you get a model release? :p Very cute little girl! Nice looking pic, seems a bit washed out to me, though I am unfamiliar with your style. Personally I would have made the skin tones a very slight bit darker. Could be my monitor too though. Nice pic!

3. I love it!!! So soft, so feminine..... really makes her eyes stand out. Very cute haircut on a very pretty girl.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Adorable:>)))

5. Beautiful photo of a beautiful young girl....
    Her eyes are just fixated to yours.... Excellent.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
    1. She is a very pretty little girl. I'm sure her father is very proud
    2. The lighting in this is very interesting. It almost makes her looks like some kind of apparition

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    New dress, new hairstyle!

I like it just the way it is, Mitchell. Man, that new do's gonna take some getting used to!

7. This is a very interesting shot. The expression on her face doesn't quite match the overall "feel" of the image. Your daughter has such a unique face, almost fairy-like, that it seems out of place in a high-key environment.

I don't know if I'm making any sense, but I'd like to see her, as-is in this shot, in a different environment... darker, perhaps a bit haunting without being morbid. Like in a field of flowers or a woods with lots of ferns.

If she were my daughter, she'd be the subject of many fairy-tale / wood nymph images.

8. Thanks for the kind words. This comment really caught me. I didn't think I had a "style"!!

9. Thanks, Fred.

When I shot the first few I realized I had too much spill from the background light on my left. This was one of those. It made an interesting effect, but I can see that many don't care for the washed out look on that side.

10. Thanks, Steve.

The summer haircut is really working for Samantha!!

11. Woody, you are making perfect sense here. My creative director (my older daughter) wanted me to shoot against my white muslin for this shot. My family is tired of my black background and they hate the color of my only other muslin.

We will be spending next week at Callaway Gardens. Perhaps I will get a chance at you wood nymph suggestion.

Thanks for looking and for the great comments.