1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

San Diego at Night

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Spoony, Aug 10, 2009.

1. 13 seconds @ f/3.8, 26mm. I shot this for the Hard Rock Cafe in the Gaslamp Quarter a whlie back.

3797675668_d8c0167937_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Awesome photo! Was this shot from a boat, or?

3. asnpcwiz

asnpcwiz

May 27, 2009
    USA
    Love it. Almost looks like a painting to me.

4. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    Really nice, I like the lighting. Did you shoot this from Shelter Island behind the Bali Hai?

5. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Super!

6. memphis

memphis

Aug 6, 2006
    even though it has a bit of an unrealistic look to it, I love it...gorgeous

7. Rob Zijlstra

Rob Zijlstra A Koffie Drinker

Nov 5, 2008
    Netherlands
    Just great!

8. Nice shot for f/3.8?

9. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Awesome as always Nancy....even more impressive that you always shoot in Jpeg instead of RAW (or did you ever switch). Anyway, love it as I always do with your photos.

10. thanks everyone for all the great comments!

nate, glad to see your posting somewhere :smile:. yup, im still in jpeg, raw/nef still gives me a headache when i try to edit. i figure if i set up right, then i wont need to edit(that much), you know my style, i dont like too much editing.

dont be confused, i saw the post in meet nancy thread, me and my hubby share this account. he doesnt want to make one until he gets his own nikon, i guess he wants to be "official". i got married a while ago, just the people that meant anything to me on hf never posted so i didnt waste my time mentioning it.

11. NateS

NateS

Oct 11, 2007
    Missouri
    Very cool Nancy. The fact that you do all this in jpeg proves your skill that much more....makes you spend more time getting it right when you click the shutter.

I'm glad to see you posting on here as well.....I'm never on HF anymore and don't plan to go back. Good to know that I'll see you around here some still.

12. Gorgeous shot!! Thanks for sharing.

Alan

13. Very nice capture. Thanks for sharing!

14. Nik0nN00B

Nik0nN00B

Dec 28, 2007
    San Diego, Ca.
    I miss the gaslamp...

15. bellasdad

bellasdad

Apr 25, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    VERY nice!!

16. Preston

Preston

May 2, 2005
    Reno, NV
    Great photo. Did you try to crop it in a panorama format? It might look better in getting rid of the empty space on the bottom.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.