San Diego - Landscape Advice Sought

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by gadgetguy11, Apr 7, 2007.

1. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I would appreciate an honest critique of these 2) images. I installed Lightroom last night. This is my first go at PP from anything Adobe. I would appreciate guidance with these treating these landscapes. Please tell me the +'s and -'s you see. Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  2. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I asked for an honest critique on my landscape images I captured in San Diego. These are the first PP I tried using Adobe software on Landscapes. As of this post, 38 have looked in the past 4 hours, but zero have commented. This must look really, really bad!!!

Will anyone please share your input? I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

John

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  3. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    I like the second one best the first seems to be disoriented it could be the roof line and the palm that are tilting. Sharp focus and colors

4. I guess you're looking for Lightroom compared to other software.

Looks great to me John. Colors are vibrant and the wide range of color looks good on my monitor.

5. DABO

DABO

Jan 13, 2006
    I agree with Greg. The colors in the second one are a little more vibrant, which I personally prefer, but they both look great.

DAB

6. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I think they are really nice. I love the colors. Seems to me that each are a bit dark. I think if they could be brightened up just a wee bit they would really shine!

7. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thank you very much for helping! I was in an odd angle shooting with the 17-55. That darned tilting palm tree bothers me a lot, too. I could not figure how to solve it in Lightroom on my 1st day with it - still don't. Thanks!

Thanks, Greg. I am trying to learn the new software, and am also asking for critique of the makeup of my landscape images. Next vacation is fast approaching... want to improve and I really appreciate your feedback!

Thanks, Dab! This being the first time I PP with any Adobe product, I was afraid I over saturated #2. I backed it off a little, then reduced saturation on #1 even further. You bolstered my confidence to stay with what looked good to me, which was greater saturation. I was concerned the images were starting to look "artificial", which was not my desire. Thanks a lot!

Hi Terri! Thanks for taking the time to critique. I'll take a 2nd look. I wonder if the difference is my super bright 30" Cinemas make images look bright? They are not calibrated, and do look a lot brighter than my 23" Sony. It would be a shame to adjust all my PP too dark because of an over bright monitor! Have to look into this... Good to know I did not over saturate the colors - thank you again!!

John