San Diego Zoo

Discussion in 'Birds' started by greyflash, Nov 10, 2005.

1. A few shots from my visit to the San Diego Zoo. Comments are always welcome.

52071692%20.

2. WOW very nice looks like you had some nice light like the framing of the woody and the gorillas is spot on. So is this zoo everything everyone make sit out to be.

3. Well overall I would have to say you did a pretty good job..

But on the comment side..

The gorilla appears a tad green on my monitor here... Must have been shot through the glass?

The wood duck and wolf monkey are quite nice with rich colors and sharp focus..

4. Thanks Mike, it is certainly a huge zoo. I have been to other zoo's that were easier to shoot than this one. Many of the shots were done through the glass or wire of their cages which made it difficult. Still, it is a wonderful zoo and if you are ever in that area it would warrant a visit.

5. The gorilla was shot through the glass and did pick up the reflection of the green plants behind me. Still it was a fun shoot and wore me out lugging my equipment around. Thanks for your comments.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice series Gordon. I especially like the first monkey shot. He looks very pensive. I also love the wood duck. Hard to expose these guys because of the white areas, but you handled those very well. Looks like an enjoyable visit. :smile:

7. Thanks Frank, we did have fun visiting the zoo. I will say that this was not the easiest series of shots I have ever taken. The lighting was difficult, not to mention the glass, cages, and uncooperative animals.

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

the 1st shot just grabs me ........ !! really like it :wink:

9. Gordon, these may have been under difficult conditions but you did great. Shows your talent for sure. Looks like you had a grand time. I always liked this zoo but man it sure can wear you out even when not taking pictures.

10. Hey Gordon,

Lovely photo's again. Only it is bit sad for me because i wanna go on Safari again in my country or to some zoo parks. But the weather here is not cooperating. So i keep hoping that this weekend or maybe next weekend is some good weather to go try out some nice Zoo or Safari place. Else i must wait few months again.

But you have some good captures there. So i can atleast enjoy your photo's for the moment.

Thanks,
    Vince

11. Thanks a bunch Ben, Jim and Vince,

I appreciate your neat comments. Vince I hope you can go on an animal tour soon and that your weather will improve. There is a really neat safari park but I know that you have the real thing in mind. Good luck. Because I won't ever get to go on a real safari, I just look for ways to make zoo animals look like they are not caged up. Not always easy as you can appreciate.

12. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great photos as usual! Thanks for showing these.....eventually I'm going to the zoo here....

13. Hi Ken. I have been to your zoo and love it. I think that it is easier to shoot there than at San Diego. Good luck.

14. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Gordon. You can't tell that they were taken at a zoo.

15. Wood duck is fabulous. Liked them all.

16. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Greyflash,

Very Nice images. Looks like the gorilla finds you very interesting :smile:

Regards

RFC

17. Thanks Harry and Neal, I appreciate you stopping by to see these images.

18. He certainly was following me around with his eyes and making faces at me. Thanks for noticing.

19. I sure love to go to a real safari park. But instead i love to go to the made safari parks in my country. There is one i have not been yet. With a safari park and a zoo and a underwaterworld. So need more CF cards and a imagetank with fully loaded battery. So come weather give me just one good day. I don't wanna wait until next year.

Greetings,
    Vince