San Francisco Bay

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by greyflash, Oct 21, 2005.

1. This image was taken from the Ferry Building in San Francisco. It looks out on the Bay with the Oakland Bay bridge and Oakland itself in the background. The recently refurbished Ferry Building is such a fun place to visit what with the farmers market and all the other food booths available. We had a super lunch here while enjoying the shirtsleeve weather. Image taken with my 17-55mm lens and D2H camera.

2. Very nice Gordon. I really enjoy visiting San Francisco. It's such a great city. Glad to have you back and hope you have a good time.

3. jln319

jln319

Oct 12, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Hi Gordon,

Beautiful. Very nice shot. I've lived here for 15 years and never taken a picture from the ferry building. I think I will need to before all the cranes and construction move to this part of the bridge. They are getting pretty close to Treasure Island on the other side. Thanks for sharing.

4. San Francisco is one of the places I really want to photograph...specifically there's this one certain bridge. Good shot Gordon.

5. Your picture makes me feel as if I am there.
    Very nice Gordon!

6. organic

organic Guest

Very nice! I am heading out there right now. No plans for shooting though. Dancing...!

7. Thanks all for your nice comments. SF is a great city and I have always loved it. I lived near there for 20 years and worked in the city for 8.

8. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi gordon-

nice photo, welcome back to the city by the bay :) the weather's been unseasonably nice, although the fog's crawled over the sunset district right now. hopefully it'll hold up for halloween night.

ricky

9. Thanks Ricky, it was sure nice the week we were there. Anytime you can wear shirtsleeves in SF it is great weather.

10. Excellent capture Gordon! :smile: Fantastic weather you had (and it looks like a great trip all around)! It's turned already...

11. Great photo, Gordon. It's so crisp and clear. It's was nothing but pea soup out here this morning!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

12. Phillipe and Virginia,

Sorry your weather has turned on you, guess I took the good stuff back to St. George with me. It is 77 degrees and clear skies all week. Thanks for your comments on this image.