San Remo

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by BLV, Jul 25, 2005.

1. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    While going through my NYC gallery I realized that San Remo on Central Park West is my most photographed "model".

Here it is, during different seasons. All photos taken with CP5700 except the last one, taken with D70 & 24-120 VR few weeks ago.

original.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great set Elena! Your collection would make a fine set of matched prints. I can see them in a gallery now.

In the third pic (winter, late autum?) the sharpening 'halo' around the skyline actually enhances the image. Well done!

PS I see the last pic is 970 pixels wide. Our forum software resizes anything over 960 pixels.

3. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I like these a lot the last is my favorite

A great "model"that's for sure

4. Really nice collection of images Elena. Central Park is a neat place and your have captured the essence of it. Well done.

5. Is that BLV from NTF? :shock: But yes, it is! 8) :D :lol:

Welcome, Elena, both to the DSLR world and to the Cafe! You'are going to have some great fun with both. I really like your last pic here. I pity you for being so close to B&H: it must be an expensive proposition, but then again, what in New York isn't? ;-)

6. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi Elena

I just love the San Remo, very nice images. From an architectural standpoint, I have always favored central park west over 5th ave. I was in central park a few days ago....hot as he!!, looked around but didnt see anyone with a D70 :)

Regards

RFC

7. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Who? Me??? No way! :D

Thanks, Philippe. You know, it is hard not to stop by B&H, but same goes for Starbucks. And since there's a Starbucks on every corner, I need to cut down on my visits, which in turn would grant me the ability to shop at B&H more often :D

8. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    I couldn't agree more. How can 5th Ave compete with Dakota, San Remo & Kenilworth? :D

I bet few days ago wasn't as hot as it was today. I didn't even take my camera outside, b/c I was positive it'd melt lol

9. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Unlike the streets of NY, the park is looked after constantly & carefully. So Central Park is really a neat place literally :).

10. Henk

Henk Guest

NY Central Park must be a great place to take pics, never been there but hope someday I will ;-)
    Thanks for sharing these Elena!

Regards

Henk

11. Hello Elena -

I agree that you have a very photogenic model! All of these are very good - my favorites are #4 (with the fine tonal range and composition), #2 (the two red shirts add a great accent), and the last (which makes it look like a palace).

Thanks for sharing these . . .

catalyst

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Interesting shots,

I take it San Remo is an apartment bldg in NYC? Must be incredibly expensive to live there with a view like that! I like the way you've shown the various seasons. Love the 4th shot! Congrats on getting your D70, and welcome to the Cafe, Elena! Hey, you're the Kill Bill fanatic, aren't you? I remember having quite a heated debate about that movie. So, what did you think of Kill Bill 2? I didn't see that one, but sequels rarely stand up to the original, and I'm pretty sure you know what I thought of the original. I sure know how you felt about it! :shock:

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    A beautiful series of images, Elena. I really like the first one being shot through the flowering trees.

14. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Elena,

Beautiful gallery of NYC Central Park posts. The fourth image is my favorite for its color and shadow. The obvious contrast of NYC and nature is present and you captured the message of the original architects.

Thank you for sharing and your personal gallery is wonderful.

15. These are all great pictures, but I can certainly tell when the D70 comes into play! Much sharper!

I had a CP5700 until I got a D70 in early April. We went to NYC only a week or so after I got it, so I was still learning. Got some pretty decent shots, however. I'll never go back to the CP5700.

16. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Re: Interesting shots,

It is expensive, but having the $ doesn't always afford you an apartment there. Board members are picky and generally a pain in the derriere :-D

Thank you, Steve. How's your yorkie? I remember you've had some funny shots of her on NTF.

Kill Bill ... Vol. 2 was a bit of a disappointment. But since you weren't too fond of Vol. 1 I won't get into it, unless you want me to? :p

17. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Bunny, my Yorkie's got a new friend, err, tormenter

My older dog, Dutchy died, so I got Bunny a new playmate. He's a Brussels Griffon, named Pierre.