SAND HOLLOW STATE PARK

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by greyflash, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Sand hollow state park is near Hurricane, Utah, in the south west corner of the state. It is a new park and relatively small. I made my first visit to the park yesterday and shot these images.

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Okay Gordon, I officially hate you! :)

These blow me away - incredible, and I really do mean incredible, scenes really beautifully captured. The range of scenery in that first image is simply impossible.

I'm never talking to you again.*

Neil

* Until the next time.

3. Neil, you are a total crack up. Thanks for your very expressive comments and for taking the time to look at these images. It is a pretty place but the long lens compressed the distance from the snow capped peaks to the red rock desert lake. Again, thanks for your kind comments.

4. Wow Gordon...

Fantastic images. Well captured! If I'm ever in that area of the country again, please take me there... :)

5. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Okay Gordon, since I'm going to be a new neighbor to that part of the states your pictures are making it easier to get used to the idea of a move.

I'm also think that 17mm is not wide enough and I might need to pick up a 12-24mm before the move.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow Gordon. :!: :!: Absolutely beautiful scenery, and well captured. I've just got to get out that way some day. Incredible.... :wink:

Frank

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You sure have an eye for landscapes, Gordon

Only thing I would say critically would be that using a Grad ND filter on the 1st might've preserved more of the snow highlights up on the tip of that mountain. And to think I've got nothing but winter wheat fields to photograph around here! :roll: Very nicely done, Gordon!

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    What the matter, Todd?

Don't they have any camera stores out in Idaho? :roll: :lol: :p
    Sorry, couldn't resist that one!

9. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Re: What the matter, Todd?

Just to be on the safe side I'll pick up the 12-24mm from Sunny Schick when I stop through your part of town on my way to Idaho. :p

10. Beautiful!

Superb compositions.

Apart from which, it snowed again here last night so I need this forum for some vicarious sun.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gordon,

I have to agree with Neil, 100%.

Beautiful.

Regards
    Gale

12. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Gordon,

Looks like another place I'll have to visit.
    I was in Utah when I was 12, but at that age you don't appreciate scenery like that.

Thanks for posting.

13. Thanks Todd, Frank, Steve, Clive, Gale and Patrick. I really appreciate your comments. It is a pretty park and one that I plan to visit the next time I have some people picture to do. It would make a great wedding image spot.

14. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Great work Gordon,you live in a beautiful country with so many photo ops.
    The last two are superb

15. WOW....cdkavcVgbndfxbnfgdnxgfgmfmyxfyn .......sorry my head just hit the keyboard. WHAT GREAT SHOTS!!! I hope to someday be that good.

16. Your a crack up Dawg with your head hitting the keyboard. :lol: :lol: Just stop by some day and I will take you to the place that you can do it

17. WOW

OK I visited Harris and Harry you are next on my list, what a beautiful part of the country and you have captured it so well. Great job Gordon

18. Re: WOW

Love to have you come out this way Mike.

19. Todd_D1x

Todd_D1x

Feb 23, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Beautiful pics Gordon and great exposure. I wish I could be near such beauty, but I guess I soon will. I'll be going to Ft. Davis TX in May for my 15th Texas Star Party, an astronomy event. Well keep up the good work.

Todd