Sandhill colts just walking around - 18 days

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Allan, Apr 20, 2017.

1. I have been busying but got back to my colt images. Here are a few when the colts were 18 days old. Taken before the sunlight came over the trees, the family had left the nest and was wandering near a neighboring pond. The colts were in the shade, the pond was lit up.

i-XLHk7hq-XL.

i-nQw3sNQ-L.

3. Big foot
    i-QzK8RGW-L.

• Like Like x 2
  2. photogramps

photogramps Guest

More lovely shots Allan, I hope my local reserve will give me some opportunities this year with European Crane chicks ... but if I do they won't have this great colour :)

3. Good luck! They are fun to watch as they move around a lot and do interesting things. I was watching an eagle nest in Florida and that is a big bore 95% of the time- parents might be gone, eaglets just sit in nest, parents just sit on a perch for an hour or so. :)

4. Super shots Allan, I've really enjoyed your documenting of the growth of these guys. Very well done.

5. Beautiful images...with great light.

Glenn

6. I like seeing the different stages of development as well. In these they look just
    like little dinosaurs... :p

7. Super...In the last image my imagination can envision a scene from Jurrasic Park.

8. Great shots Allan. I really love the perspective of #2 with the adults partially included.

9. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    I've been following their progression with grate interest since your first post Alan. Nice to see them doing well and your shots of them are excellent.
    Cheers.
    Mike

10. Wonderful stuff as usual, Allan. #! and #2 for me - the former with the terrific light and the latter with the family involvement.

11. LuisC

LuisC

Jun 9, 2009
    Florida
    Luis Casals
    Very cool shots Allan. If the first two had a little more room on the bottom, but sometimes it just does not work that way.

12. I agree but what can you do if they are coming towards you faster than they can move away? :)

13. This was the best family I ever photographed - man or beast.