Sandhill Crane Nesting

_MG_1792.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sandhill Crane Nesting - S.W Florida

Still keeping my hopes up!!

Hope you like it.

Canon 7D, Canon 800mm L @ f/8, 1/500 sec, ISO 400, Manual exposure

Thanks!

Randy. you are opening a can of worms. I do not use auto WB, but I have no need to shooting outdoors in natural light. It is not hard to pick the wb I want from experience.

Going back to Maxis's original images - it is his thread after all - I think it needs to be toned down a bit. However, he was there, not us, so I cannot say what he saw. I do not think the wb in Takeda's images are what Maxis saw. They seem to be shot in cloudy conditions while Maxis shot in late afternoon sunlight.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Ok

Mod hat on...

I just removed 7 posts, most of which were jabs at Canon WB, or this or that, or jabs about experience, learning, skills and a myriad of other things from many different posters including the OP, so I am not taking sides in this issue.

I would also like to state, links are fine if you want to share in a thread not your own and what I do all the time. Posting pics is generally not allowed unless invited. A reminder for all, our Netiquette page:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=130266

Mad hat off, and time to post a reply in the next post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I find the WB perfectly acceptable for a late evening light, maybe the greens in the background are a touch yellow for my taste, but I wasn't there and I appreciate the look to the images. I also find the fine images posted by Takeda really very nice too for a different lighting condition.

Many Many folks seem to think that ultra warm or cool images are not natural and that is just not the case.

I have tons of images with really ultra warm light that match what is at scene and ultra cool images too. Sure Auto WB works well in some of the newer Nikon bodies, but I have many many friends who shoot Canon, and they never have any problems either with WB being warm compared to me when shooting side by side.

anyway, great pics from all, appreciate the images.

Ok

Mod hat on...

Let's not forget that whatever white balance you choose in your camera settings, it does not affect the ACTUAL RAW file until you process it. Nikon or Canon. However, it will change the image appearance in your camera's LCD.

Late morning or afternoon light can actually TINT any other color. It's called "Golden light" for a reason and can be magical.

I understand it can be difficult to learn light.

Thank you for the help.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom