Sandhill shots of the day..

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, May 12, 2005.

1. didnt get as close as usual. They seemed a bit skittish, so I maintained some distance, and actually had to do some cropping here.

original.
    original.
    original.
    original.
    original.

2. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great, as usual, Harris! Can clearly see that the babies are getting a lot taller than your earlier posts.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yep, they are getting taller and getting the Sandhill stance. Good shots. Love them Harris,

Keep them coming.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Love the babies truckin down the sidewalk!

that 1 just cracks me up! Good Shots!

5. Harris,

Great shots. As Gale said, they are really starting to look like sandhills. No. 3 is priceless. Really matches the title of your other post re Bigfoot :) :) :)

6. Nice shots, Harris. I like #3 as it shows the chicks in a way that most of us never get to see.

7. Hi Harris,
    We don't have any birds like that around here that I know of. That Third pic. is a winner it looks like it's out of Jurasic Park. lol
    Pete

8. Thanks all. On the third one, the chick on the left went splat, with his legs spread to either side, falling in an attempt to get up the curb. No cars coming, and he got up and finally made it up the curb. It was funny to watch, but scary a bit too as I didnt want a car to hit it. The adults usually stand watch and stop cars.

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Great shots. I didn't see any sandhills on my trip for florida in March. Wish I had though.

NICE!

10. wd8n

wd8n Guest

Great Shots

Absolutely great shots Harris, as always
    Like everyone else, I'm pretty fond of #3 as well.

11. Re: Great Shots

Hey Mike! Welcome to the Cafe. I know you'll like it here. No bs like the other sites. I cant wait to see you posting shots.

Thanks for the comment. I hope to get some shots on the way home tonight. They were there this am and the babies are so much bigger in just two weeks. Getting that gangly stage. Should be about 6:30 and golden hour light.

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice series, Harris...

So, you think you're gonna make it up here to the "stix"???? :) Would love it if you can make it up here for out little gathering.

13. .

Leigh, I'm gonna try. Have to see whats up with the brother in law, but I hope to.