Sandhills

Hi You'll,

A pair of Sandhills have a nest in the conservation land behind my house. Everytime I go for a walk I've been running into them and their chicks.
17182174-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

17182178-L.jpg

17182181-L.jpg

The 1st and 3rd were with the D100 and 300mm/f4 with 1.4 TC
The 2nd was with the D100 and 24-120VR

Harry,

These are just too cute. Have you gotten your D2H yet? Were these from the new cam? What do you think?

Regards,

Frank

Frank ,

Now he is sand baggin a camera.. Wait til I see that Harry. :>)))

Beautiful shots Harry.

thanks for sharing.

Regards
Gale

Flew said:
Harry,

These are just too cute. Have you gotten your D2H yet? Were these from the new cam? What do you think?

Regards,

Frank

Hey Frank,

My D2H arrived on Wednesday. Talk about bad timing. I had a colonoscopy this morning so on the day of its delivery I was occupied in drinking down 4 liters of laxative to prep for the colonoscopy. I was a bit too "busy" to even open the box. I'll be giving the D2H its first workout tomorrow.

HarryB said:
Hey Frank,

My D2H arrived on Wednesday. Talk about bad timing. I had a colonoscopy this morning so on the day of its delivery I was occupied in drinking down 4 liters of laxative to prep for the colonoscopy. I was a bit too "busy" to even open the box. I'll be giving the D2H its first workout tomorrow.

Harry,

Sorry to hear about the 'roto-rooter' job. Janie had one of these a few months back and it really made her weak (no food, and an empty digestive tract).

Hope everything comes out OK.... 8)

Frank

PS - Can't wait to see the pics from your new cam. :wink:

mike mac said:
Love the first one great perspective, thes guis are sooo cute.
Hope all went well with your test!

Hey Mike,

The test went fine, no problems found. Now I can give the D2H a run tomorrow. I am so looking forward to that.

[
Harry,

Sorry to hear about the 'roto-rooter' job. Janie had one of these a few months back and it really made her weak (no food, and an empty digestive tract).

Hope everything comes out OK.... 8)

Frank

PS - Can't wait to see the pics from your new cam. :wink:[/quote]

Hey Frank,

The procedure went fine except the doctor wouldn't let me take pics. I was hoping to break new ground on butt shots. :lol:

Me and the D2H have a date at the Wetlands tomorrow. I can't wait.

HarryB said:
The procedure went fine except the doctor wouldn't let me take pics. I was hoping to break new ground on butt shots. :lol:

Harry,

Everyone at the Cafe is breathing a HUGE sigh of relief.... :shock:

Frank

Hi Harry,
Those little chicks are the cutest ever. Great shots!

I'm looking forward to seeing shots with your new D2H..

I just found dust bunnies so will call you soon as you know how to clean the D2H sensor.. You know you're the only one I'll ever trust with cleaning my sensor.

Hi to Linda too,

Gaye

Harry,

Everyone at the Cafe is breathing a HUGE sigh of relief.... :shock:

Frank[/quote]

Hey Frank,

Its tough competing with you guys with bird shots so I figured to go for a less busy area. Colonoscopy photography seems to be a wide open at the emoment, a void just waiting to be filled. :lol:

Harry -

I missed this the first time around. I've never seen baby Sandhill's before -- looks like their legs grow quicker than the rest of them. Seeing how tiny they are makes me think that they must eat constantly... I'm sure it keeps the parents busy.

Nice captures you got there! On top of good technicalities with them, you were able to get some good shots to show how they interact.

Glad to hear your test, uhm, worked out well.

jfenton said:
Harry...

These are absolutely wonderful shots. I would have given anything to have been there with ya!

Jim
Hey Jim,

Thanks and I'm sorry you couldn't have been here too. I've been looking at your recent shots and you seem to be doing pretty good though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom