Sandisk 1GB Ultra 2 - $71.99 in Costco

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JerseyJay, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for the heads up Jay. I may just order a couple....;-)

Regards,

Frank

2. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Thanks Jay.

What I shame I've already spent this month's photography budget - oh and as 'er indoors has just reminded me - next month's as well.

If she's going to be like that, I'll just have to steal some of her CF cards. ;)

Neil

3. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

4. Thanks Jay!! That is what I have been looking for. 512MB just is not cutting it anymore!! :) :) :) :) :)

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Ultra II is a 60x card.

I prefer 80x.

Gale

6. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    FRANK

I've got a 1 gig extreme which is 2 months old that I was looking to sell for $70 delivered. Let me know if you're interested?

I've even got the spuzzy little black case and the little Sandisk recovery CD as well.

7. I guess for now 1GB / D70 / RAW format combo is not that bad. If I was shooting with D2X I wouldn't even bother w/ 1GB.

When I do my assignments I usually have 2 x 1GB Ultra 2 and Compact Drive PD7X 40GB HD attached to my belt so I'm not stressing over space, just yet.

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Guest

Tired of cards...

Right now, I'm planning (DREAMING!) my next summer trip... I'm going to Italia for 3 weeks... Ouch, there's so many things to shoot there!!! And if I don't want to bring my laptop, how many CF cards will I need???

I found a very great compromise, which could interest some of you... the XDrive II. This is a card reader (for almost every type of cards) which contain a hard drive, of different possible sizes. Mine got 20gb... and I paid 200$(CAN!!!) For me, that was a good way to save money from CF cards (actually, I just need 2... small ones, I have a 1gb and a 256mb, so I can shoot while I transfer.

And more, I can use this driver as a portable hard drive.

The lacks of this thing: you can think it's too big to carry (13 x 7.5 x 2.5 cm), too small memory (up to 80gb??????) but the major one: battery life (1.6 hours of upload/download)

If you are curious' this is what I got:
    http://www.card-media.co.uk/resellers/xsdrive+II.htm

9. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Tom
    I have been using the xdrive for about a year now 60gig model but I will tell you that I do not leave images on it for very long. It is great for short term storage and transfer on the site of a shoot. The reason I don't use it for long term storage is because I have had TWO crashes with complete loss of pictures both times. Both times Versonics sp? replaced the units but the pictures were gone. So now when I get home everything goes on DVD
    Richard

10. I went to CostCo for that deal, but the taxes and shipping put it almost over $100.00. I ended up going on eBay and getting a 1GB SanDisk Ultra II CF for a little less than $90.00. OK, OK, I am a penny-pincher!! :) :) :) :)

Here is the eBayer I bought it from.

http://stores.ebay.com/BlueProton2_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm