Sandisk 8G sdhc UHS-1

Received two of them from Adorama today.
When purchased in quantity it had an additional discount bringing the cards down to $34.95 ea. This is only $4.00 more than I paid for the class 10 Extreme cards so I just had to get them. :biggrin:

Popped them into the D-7000 and I can say at least formatting and review of images are really fast, noticeably faster than the Sandisk class 10 cards. I have not tried any burst shooting

My el-cheapo $1.99 card reader recognizes the card. My Lexar Pro card reader recognizes the card so I don't need to find a compatible reader.

Overall a great investment since the D7K can actually use the speed.

Yeah, I didn't even consider that when I ordered. LOL
Once they arrived I thought

Oh Sh"%, I wonder if my readers will work.

What will these cards do for me that my Transend C10 16GB cards don't do for less than 1/4 the cost?? I could care less if formatting in camera takes a fraction of a second less. Why do you worry about the time it takes to review images? Am I missing something? GH

The faster cards will allow the buffer to clear considerably faster. Dowloading images to the computer are also way faster. I also have the Transcend class 10 cards and there is no comparison. The performance of the D7000 is much improved. You do get a few extra shots before the buffer fills.

Thanks but clearing the buffer fast is not important to me but probably is to some. I am happy to say that I have reach a point in my life where I don't HAVE to have the latest and greatest gear. That statement coming from a guy that once paid $50 for a 56mb CF card! GH

It all depends on what you shoot...

I recently switched from D300s to D7000, and the lower buffer depth was a difficult pill to swallow. Anything that helps in clearing a full buffer faster mitigates the problem!

The Extreme Pro UHS-1 cards take about 9 secs to clear the D7000 buffer, at about 27 MB/s. Your Transcend cards take about 2.5 times as long! Check out this guy's performance tests here:

http://sportsphotoguy.com/nikon-d7000-raw-burst-test/

Cheers

Mike

Download to the computer is also faster. I shot at my daughters wedding and 200 images downloaded in about 15 minutes.

Took longer to burn a DVD.

Just as a side note, one 16gig is cheaper than two 8gigs...... If you already have a couple of 8 gigs, you may want to get a 16gig and keep one of your old 8gigs in the second slot.

GenoP

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom