Sandisk 8GB Extreme III $86!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Desert Rat, May 7, 2007.

1. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Geez.....I paid over a $100 for my 4 GB cards last year. I had no Idea you could get 12 & 16 GB cards....

2. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    So do you put $700.00 bucks into an Epison P-5000 that will hold 80 gig`s or put $700.00 bucks into a stack of seven 16 gig cards that will hold 112 gigs and live without the editing capability of the Epison? And shoot your a-- off and not have to worry if you are about to run out of space just as the once in a lifetime action starts? And when are they ever going to come out with the 100 gig card for $19.95 ? After saving this much money I think I need another huge chunk of glass!

3. That's good in theory, but wih digital photography 1 set of anything is asking for trouble. I'd be more comfortable with an el cheapo laptop with external drive and possibly a DVD burner.

Rich

4. I have always maintained that it is better not to put all of my (photographic) "eggs" into one "basket" (ie, memory card), and therefore prefer to use several smaller cards. Before the trip to Alabama this last month, I did move beyond my comfort zone and buy a couple of 8 GB cards, but that was because I knew I'd be out all day for long periods of time doing a lot of shooting. Also, the move from the D200 to the D2Xs that I was making at that time, too, meant another jump in RAW file size, too. On the trip I had my stacks of 2 GB, 4 GB cards and the two 8 GB cards, and at the end of each day I uploaded into my MacBook Pro AND an external firewire HD. Turned out I didn't need to clear and reformat any of the cards, as I had enough to carry me through the whole trip. I have an Epson P-2000 but really prefer to use a laptop and external HD; the laptop is much more versatile than the P-2000 because of course I can do other things with it, such as connect to the internet!

5. HappyFish

HappyFish

Oct 19, 2006
    I can now see that the only "CLEAR" choice is to buy all 3!!!, A stack of 16 gig cards so I don`t miss the action, the Epison 5000 so I can dump 80 gig and do quick slide shows on the road and use it to edit down the junk, and a nice new lap top in the fond hope that some day I will learn to use the dang thing! Ain`t photography grand! With a hobby like this you will live forever, too poor to buy booze, drugs or chase women!