1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

SanDisk Extreme III CF Help

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Scottn_photo, Sep 3, 2008.

1. I just purchased 2 SanDisk Extreme III 4GB Compact Flash Cards. They work fine in my camera and take great pictures. However, when i plug them into my card reader and plug that into my MacBook, I get this message

[​IMG]

I have clicked on initialize and I have tried reformatting the disk and rewriting in DOS format like i read on SanDisk's website, but nothing seems to work.

Can you help me? :confused: :confused: :confused: 

2. billg71

billg71

May 4, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Have you tried the cards and reader on another computer? Or tried another card reader on the MB? Obviously, the cards work since they can be read in the camera, it sounds like there's a problem in the reader or(not too likely) the cable.

I've yet to have issues with the ExIII cards and the Sandisk reader on either of my Windows machines or on my iBook.

HTH,
    Bill

3. okay. well i am thinking of going to the photo store tomorrow and buying a new reader to see if that helps. thanks for your help Bill :smile:

4. A lot of the older readers can't handle the faster speeds the newer cards have. I also find this to be a problem in the cheap, "no-name" readers you see for sale. A newer reader capable of handling the latest cards should solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2008
  5. Thanks. I just got home from buying a new card reader and i am perfectly set. thanks for your help :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.