SanDisk Extreme III CF Help

I just purchased 2 SanDisk Extreme III 4GB Compact Flash Cards. They work fine in my camera and take great pictures. However, when i plug them into my card reader and plug that into my MacBook, I get this message

sd_cf_broke.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have clicked on initialize and I have tried reformatting the disk and rewriting in DOS format like i read on SanDisk's website, but nothing seems to work.

Can you help me? :confused::confused::confused:

Have you tried the cards and reader on another computer? Or tried another card reader on the MB? Obviously, the cards work since they can be read in the camera, it sounds like there's a problem in the reader or(not too likely) the cable.

I've yet to have issues with the ExIII cards and the Sandisk reader on either of my Windows machines or on my iBook.

HTH,
Bill

okay. well i am thinking of going to the photo store tomorrow and buying a new reader to see if that helps. thanks for your help Bill :smile:

A lot of the older readers can't handle the faster speeds the newer cards have. I also find this to be a problem in the cheap, "no-name" readers you see for sale. A newer reader capable of handling the latest cards should solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom