1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Sandisk Rebates....a check to B&H?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dking99, Sep 10, 2008.

1. dking99

dking99

Aug 19, 2008
    Rockville, MD
    So what do I do with this check?

I thought I had to use the rebate at B&H (the vendor I originally bought from) on Sandisk products exclusively...is this the case? I dont see why I cant use it on any purchase at B&H...am I wrong?

Has anyone used this check? How do you make a purchase online with a credit card and apply the rebate?

2. wgilles

wgilles

Apr 25, 2008
    NJ
    Well are you talking about the Visa card that they give you because if you are it works just like a Visa gift card.

3. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    If you got a paper check for some reason you should just be able to cash it, if not the visa card as mentioned above works just liek a gift card, anywhere you want.

4. dking99

dking99

Aug 19, 2008
    Rockville, MD
    Yes, I did get a paper check...but it doesnt have my name on it at all. In the pay to line it says:

Pay To:___________B&H Photo___________

I doubt I would be able to cash it myself, and I dont want to mail it to B&H for a purchase - I somehow figure it will get lost and I will never see it again.

So did anyonoe else get what I got? I may have to call B&H and ask them how they handle it.

5. I got one with another company on it. Have the same question. Do we send it to them and they bank it for us. We would have a credit with them????

6. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    B&H customer service is phenominal, call them, they'll help you out...

7. Tim is right, you have to order on the phone, not online. They'll give you the option to pay your order with a credit card right away and credit it back when the check arrives, or you can just send the check (complemented by a personal check if the amount of your order is greater than the rebate check), with the order number they'll give you on the phone: it will take a bit longer, of course, but it works. Oh, you can buy anything in the store with it, not just Sandisk products.

8. dking99

dking99

Aug 19, 2008
    Rockville, MD
    Complicated, but well said.

I am just glad I can buy anything with it. If I am not mistaking, the rebate form said you will receive a rebate for Sandisk product purchases...so this is good news to me that we can buy anything! I really dont need another memory card!

9. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    almost sounds like sandisk sent you the check they're supposed to send B&H.

I thought you just ordered and a visa card came to your house with the balance. Why is it not that simple?

10. Muonic

Muonic

Jun 14, 2006
    It is an option at the time you send in the rebate form. You could choose between a preloaded Visa card, or a check made out to the vendor you purchased the Sandisk card from. At least, that's the option I was given.

11. dking99

dking99

Aug 19, 2008
    Rockville, MD
    Sandisk completely screwed my rebate up from day one. I wrote my information with the best handwriting I possibly could (even kept a copy of it) and they transposed adress numbers, misspelled the street, and told me that my 16GB III card was not a valid rebate product. I had to call them up and the guy I poke to was very nice. he checked into why the address and all was wrong. He pulled up a scanned image of my forms and completely agreed that it was ridiculous that all those errors were made. We laughed together. He completed my order over the phone and I had no choice of a check or card...Hmmm...wonder if B&H sent me a specific form not allowing me to choose?

12. As I recall, there were 2 options on a single sheet of paper, effectively containing 2 forms, one for a check and the other one for a card. I too I filled the one for the check... but I am happy to report that Sandisk processed it fairly quickly and B&H had no problem dealing with it either.

13. GeorgeV

GeorgeV

Aug 7, 2008
    Niles
    Wow, makes me glad I chose the gift card option!

14. What I did was place a phone order with BH. Told him my Sandisk amount. Made copy of check and mailed original to BH with quote number. Additional charge for my order was placed on my charge card. Very painless. Just copy everything of course

glenn

yes you can use it on anything. Mine went toward a tokina 12/24

15. Never received my rebates......and it's been about 10 weeks.....

I sent an eMail and will see what happens.

GenoP

16. It took quite awhile for mine too. Probably about 12 weeks. If you go to the status site it seems there is a long delay in the approval to mailing stage

17. Since it had been 10 weeks from when I mailed in mine, I called a few days ago. They had no record of me in the system. :confused: 

But, the rep re-submitted mine over the phone by asking me a few questions and it's being processed for sure now. He said it should now take 4 weeks.

18. They said the same thing to me. No record. maybe a cash flow prob?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.