Sandisk Rescue Pro problem

I just purchased an Extreme III card and it came bundled with the recovery software. Problem is that it's on a small CD and since none of my Macs have CD trays how on Earth am I supposed to install the software ? :confused:

I tried looking on their site to see if you could download the software but no luck. Of course I'll try to get in touch with someone at Sandisk but in the mean time does anyone know of a solution ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Copy it on a PC and put it on a regular CD.

Friend with a laptop can read it and copy it onto a CF card for you?

Hum those ideas aren't half bad , I was just trying to find a way on my own and didn't even think someone else's machine could come ine handy :biggrin:

I might try that if nothing else comes up. Thanks you both.

Though I really wish Sandisk wouldn't use those tiny CDs , I mean how much can you really save compared to a normal CD ?? In that case they might as well have the software available as a download via their site ...:BigGrin:

Sorry, but I found some of the suggestions to be funny. Here is why - I have 3 laptops and only 1 could use this disc. Why - simply - I only have 1 that is tray loading. I'm pretty sure that you know the solution to your problem is that you need a tray-loading cd player. I don't know of any adapters and of course, I don't recommend sticking the disc into a slot loading drive - But you already know that!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Nikon Cafe
Julien
Chances of you needing that software are slim. Just poke it in a drawer and forget about it.

Julien
Chances of you needing that software are slim. Just poke it in a drawer and forget about it.

I agree , but you never know especially now that I have an official assignement for a magazine next month :wink:

ditto what Dave says, especially as long as you move the photos to a folder on your computer and then import them into your software from there.

That's exactly what I do. Plus I delete the photos on the card only after making a backup off another hard drive.

Good point Julien and thanks for bringing up the issue for me before it is one. I have an iMac so will be making my own CD of the Sandisk software ASAP.

My latest foray into Sandisk has been less than impressive. :frown: I normally use Lexar cards, but they were out of stock.

I just bought 2 8gig cards, 1 Sandisk Extreme 3 and one Kingston 133x. The Kingston works just fine. The Sandisk went south on me. I took about 100 shots with each card.

The Sandisk Recovery Pro software took forever to recover almost all of the images. Photorescue worked much faster and recovered all of them. :smile: Now I have to reformat the Sandisk and see if it's a junker that needs replaced. :Confused:

Thanks, Glen. NBD with this one, I guess. I think I've recovered all of the images. I formatted the card in the computer and again in the camera and it seems to work okay now.... Will give it a workout this weekend. :cool:

I had trouble with both Sandisk and Lexar 1 gig cards, with my first d70, but since then, smooth sailing, until today. :wink:

Latest threads

Top Bottom