SanDisk Ultra II SD Plus

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by DFP51, Oct 9, 2006.

1. DFP51

DFP51

Oct 3, 2006
    Has anyone used these? Seems to be a hinged sd card that can plug into a USB port. Kind of an interesting idea although I wonder how robust they are?

[URL="http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1238)-SDSDPH-512-SanDisk_Ultra_IISD_Plus_USB_512MB.aspx"[/URL]

2. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    I saw those too when I was looking for a new card. But I found it too be too much of a gadget , and I don't really see the point in using the card alone in a USB drive I mean you use it in your camera and hook it up to whatever ...

Plus since the card is so thin , that USB plug seems so flimsy , i'd be scared to break it off inside the reader :mad:

3. My girlfriend has one for her D50. I haven't broken it yet :smile:. She picked it out because she thought it was "neat". No, it is not to sturdy. I have a SD card reader on my laptop, so I use that when I use her camera and I don't fold the thing.

Seeing how the D50 and D80 (the cameras that use SD) are both USB 2, I would just hook the camera up to the computer.

4. DFP51

DFP51

Oct 3, 2006
    Thanks guys. Other than it is a new gadget, I can;t figure out why it would be worth spending the extra money. It just seems like it would snap pretty easy.

5. uscfan

uscfan

Oct 1, 2006
    Definitely would agree w/ the above; my kids have already snapped mine off!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.