Sandpiper up close

Discussion in 'Birds' started by dmwphoto, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice Dave. Looks like he's winking at us. :wink:

2. Just incredible that you caught this from such a low position. Great DOF too, shallow but in a perfect range.

3. Great capture, very good DOF and light. Seems that it posed for you.

4. Really love the low angle and DOF on this image. This is a keeper for sure. One thing I would do is straighten up the horizon and it would be perfect. Love the light as well.

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Cool shot Dave
    nice perspective

6. Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I had the tripod nearly flat to the ground and i was lying belly in the sand. 1/125 at f 6.3 200-400 VR with 1.4 TC attached.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave that is a beautiful image...
    Well done.

8. Callie

Callie Guest

Dave
    A little sacrifice, and a little gain - I, too, firmly believe in trying to get down to the level of the subject, even if I have to touch belly with the dirt, it often pays off well, like here; the hint of backlighting is great too.
    If I may suggest a small change - if the head was turned a bit more to his right, you would have had a much stronger picture with more of the head in profile. This is subjective and personal, and intended to help you get another perspective on an already nice picture.

9. Awesome, great light very well presented

10. What a shot Dave. Your work of getting down low really paid off. The angle of view and lighting is just great.