Sandpipers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by EdMac, Aug 4, 2005.

1. I went out to the Cape May NJ beach this morning to try and get some bird pictures. I used my Nikon 300 f2.8 on my D100. It was really hot, even at 8:am, so I didn't get much. I did get a couple shots of these Sandpipers. These were taken at f8 in A priority mode. Comments welcome as always

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I was always kind of partial to these birds. I like the way they run along the beach. Nice shots, Ed!

3. I used to live within walking distance of the Pacific in N. California and certainly miss it and the sandpipers; I'm 100 miles inland in the mountains now. I'm jealous.

4. Running along

Hi, They really are interesting as they run from the waves. Thanks for the comments. :)

5. By the sea

Hi,

I have always lived near the ocean, and I am sure I would miss it. Thanks for your comments.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice pipers Ed. They are funny when they run in and out at the beach as the waves go in and out. :)

7. Very nice Ed I really enjoy watchign these birds, so when does the fall migration start, I am heading down to Fenwick Island next Friday for a week of R&R, lookign forward to the fall

8. Pipers

Hi Frank,
    Thanks for the comments.I keep wodering when the wave is going to catch one, but they always seem to make it lol :)

9. Fall Migration

Hi Mike,
    I would guess that for some species it has already. For the most part September is the beginning.
    Have a great week at Fenwick Island. :D