Sandpipers

I went out to the Cape May NJ beach this morning to try and get some bird pictures. I used my Nikon 300 f2.8 on my D100. It was really hot, even at 8:am, so I didn't get much. I did get a couple shots of these Sandpipers. These were taken at f8 in A priority mode. Comments welcome as always

30902236-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

30902233-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I used to live within walking distance of the Pacific in N. California and certainly miss it and the sandpipers; I'm 100 miles inland in the mountains now. I'm jealous.

Running along

Kevin Scott said:
I was always kind of partial to these birds. I like the way they run along the beach. Nice shots, Ed!

Hi, They really are interesting as they run from the waves. Thanks for the comments. :)

By the sea

Thos Quinn said:
I used to live within walking distance of the Pacific in N. California and certainly miss it and the sandpipers; I'm 100 miles inland in the mountains now. I'm jealous.

Hi,

I have always lived near the ocean, and I am sure I would miss it. Thanks for your comments.

Very nice pipers Ed. They are funny when they run in and out at the beach as the waves go in and out. :)

Very nice Ed I really enjoy watchign these birds, so when does the fall migration start, I am heading down to Fenwick Island next Friday for a week of R&R, lookign forward to the fall

Pipers

Flew said:
Very nice pipers Ed. They are funny when they run in and out at the beach as the waves go in and out. :)

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the comments.I keep wodering when the wave is going to catch one, but they always seem to make it lol :)

Fall Migration

mike mac said:
Very nice Ed I really enjoy watchign these birds, so when does the fall migration start, I am heading down to Fenwick Island next Friday for a week of R&R, lookign forward to the fall

Hi Mike,
I would guess that for some species it has already. For the most part September is the beginning.
Have a great week at Fenwick Island. :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom