Sandsculptures time again

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Falcon, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Falcon

Falcon

May 3, 2006
    Denmark
    Each year there's a sandsculpture festival in Søndervig, a small town on the westcoast of Jutland, Denmark. This year the scuptures were finished on a saturday, but on Monday we had a really bad storm with lots of wind and rain and unfortunately that almost destroyed most of the sculptures. Now they have tried to recover them and they have succeeded with most of them, but some were so badly damaged that they had to remove them and make totally new sculptures instead. And some of the remaining ones also had to be altered, so they don't look quite like the originals. I know this because a friend of mine took pictures of the sculptures the day before the storm and I had a chance to compare them to the pictures I took yesterday. I hope you enjoy the pictures anyway and even if the "smoothness" of the sculptures are gone, you can still see the great details and work the sculpteurs have put in it.

Here you might notice that one wing is missing as a result of the rain.
    [​IMG]

This one was fairly intact
    [​IMG]

One sculpture was destroyed and so this one was build instead
    [​IMG]

Leonardo Da Vinci's "symbol" a little more rugged, but still beautiful work.
    [​IMG]

This one was also a new replacement sculpture
    [​IMG]

Look at the details in this one.
    [​IMG]

That's it for now, but if you like them, I might post some more.
    BTW. The theme this year was "Evolution"

2. Sand sculptures have never yet failed to impress me, some of the artists have real talent, thanks for the shots.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic work
    Great images
    Thanks for showing these

4. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    Those images show some incredibly talented sculptors.
    I'm very impressed

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Awesome !!!

6. We have a sand sculpture festival in Berlin every year since a few years now. They had bad luck with heavy and frequent rain this year, but the sculptures always impressed me.

Nice pictures!