Sandy Hook, NJ Sandpiper from today!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Anthony747, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Hi All! I was out shooting a storm that didn’t materialize but I had this little guy keeping me company. Sandpipers are constantly in motion, it was pretty cloudy when I shot this him, all shots are the same sandpiper, D70 70-200mm VR.

Thanks for looking…comments are always welcomed.

Anthony

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Cute little guy Anthony, and well taken, in spite of the gloomy conditions. I really like the first one with both tootsies off the ground. :rolleyes:

3. I think these Sandpipers are so cute. Well taken images.

4. Thanks Frank and Gordon. It was really fun watching this sandpiper. In and out with the waves and almost as fast!

Anthony

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Anthony! Looks like he was having fun with the waves - but I guess he was really looking for a meal.

6. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Hi Tony -

Very nice shots! And cute little bird. Are the ospreys still around? What about migratory shore birds? Got any time for a shooting day?

I'm going to head down to the Stone Harbor / Cape May area as soon as the weather looks decent. Any interest in going down there?

Gordon

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like these little guys. Nice images.

If it weren't so flippin hot here in fla right now I would go to the beach tomorrow and sit and shoot them and maybe some pelicans for a few hours LOL

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Anthony. You handled the exposures very well. Compositonally you might want to try not having the subject so centered in the frame.

9. Hi Gordon! I wish I could but I can't make it to Cape May. The male and female ospreys from that chimney nest migrated south the first week of August, the young female osprey stayed around until the 3rd week of August before he headed south. I was told by the NJ Audubon Society that around the first week in October the fall migration starts in Sandy Hook so I’m looking forward to that.

Anthony