Sanibel December 23-28

G

Gordon Large

I'm going to be in Sanibel for six days over the holidays. I think I could walk the road at Ding Darling with my eyes closed, but what other good bird photography areas are there in SW Florida? Anybody want to get together for a day or couple of days of shooting? Don't worry about family gatherings or parties. After all, which is more important - a dead turkey on a plate, or a live tri-color posing for you?

Gordon Large

Ft. Myers Beach, Venice Rookery, Corkscrew Swamp, and of course Anhinga Trail etc. in the Glades. There are also burrowing owls in Cape Coral ( I believe ). I was there years ago, perhaps someone can post directions. Also, on your way to the Glades on the Tamiami Trail there are various side roads that are interesting to explore. Clyde Buthchers photo gallery is in the middle of Big Cypress Swamp on Tamiami Trail. His address is Ochopee, FL.

G

Gordon Large

SilverEagle said:
Ft. Myers Beach, Venice Rookery, Corkscrew Swamp, and of course Anhinga Trail etc. in the Glades. There are also burrowing owls in Cape Coral ( I believe ). I was there years ago, perhaps someone can post directions. Also, on your way to the Glades on the Tamiami Trail there are various side roads that are interesting to explore. Clyde Buthchers photo gallery is in the middle of Big Cypress Swamp on Tamiami Trail. His address is Ochopee, FL.

Thanks Muril, this is very helpful. I think my problem is going to be too many places, too little time. Fortunately I won't get grief from my wife because her sister is coming along to amuse her! :lol:

Gordon

J

JMartin

Hey Gordon,

Check this out, it may or may not be helpful.

Great Florida Birding Trail - http://floridabirdingtrail.com

Trail Guide - http://floridabirdingtrail.com/WFBT.pdf

My company (the Tally office) was hired by the state of Florida to update the state trail guides. I didn't know this until the president was in our office a couple weeks ago and asked me to plot some of the files for him. I will find out if I can get any updated info from him for you.

Joe

BTW: If you need some company drop me a line and I will see if I can make it down that way.

Latest threads

Top Bottom