Santa came early!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Uncle Frank, Dec 16, 2005.

1. My new toy arrived at 9AM this morning, courtesty of Adorama and UPS overnight shipping. The battery is charging, but I couldn't resist trying the 85/1.4 on it. They seem to make a lovely couple :Love:

2. Anxious to see these results! Congrats!!

3. Lucky dog. To say I am envious would be an understatement. The lens and the camera make a lovely pair.

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You sly dog you!

Congrats! Now, will you be leaving it at home, so you can focus on your important visit with mom? :wink: j/k Frank, take it & enjoy it, she a beaute! I think you can manage both tasks of a non-distracted visit intermingled with some quality time with your new baby very well.

5. Ibn

Ibn

Jun 28, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Wow...that's one sexy machine.

6. Congratulations Santa Frank...now hurry up and post some pictures. If you don't mind, would you post a picture of one taken using the Vivid mode for me?

Thanks,

7. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great news. Seems the D200s are being received before the 18-200VRIIs!

8. Congrats Frank, look forward to seeing some pics. Im still waiting for mine to come to the north pole. Dog sleds are just not as fast up here :Shocked:
    I wonder if Nikon knows us canucks exist :rolleyes: LOL Just jealous, looks great on you! NOw lets see how this baby performs.

Now Im just waiting for the D2Hs in 8 megapixels, wonder how long that will be. The D200 took about 2 1/2 yrs. LOL

Keith

9. Congratulations

Hi Frank,

Congratulations on your new toy. Santa was good to me as well. I received my D200 this morning. You are going to love it. I assume that you are going to take it with you on your trip. Good luck.

I hope things work out with your mother.

10. all right! let the fun begin!!!

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm not normally a jealous person......but Santa hasn't visited me this year so far.....I thought I'd been pretty good this year. I'm baking my 4th batch of cookies in 2 days plus the cashew brittle, fudge and candied pecans I've already made....(think that will be enough for a bribe or should I bake another 2 or 3 batches???...).

Seriously though...Congrats and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

12. Thanks, All! I think the camera's going to be great, but there's plenty of bad d200 images floating around, so I'm not going to post any shots until I can show you a good one. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to use the maze of buttons, and what the different modes are all about. But for me, the most impressive features of d200 are the big, bright viewfinder, the high resolution LCD for review, and the overall feel of the camera. Based just on those, it's a winner.

13. Welcome to the D200 Club Uncle Frank! I received mine as well today but from Ritz Camera.

Anthony

14. Hmm, may he'd rather you be a little naughty... :wink:

I'll give it my best shot, Milady. Hopefully I can find a model as beautiful as you :redface:.

15. Congratulations Frank and we are all looking forward to great shots from the new "Beauty" and the Beast!

Happy Holidays!

16. papa85

papa85 Guest

D200

Go Frankie,
    You beat me, you got yours ahead of me. Won't get my hands on mine till Wed.
    Ciao Baby
    Tony